Topic: STOLEN MOTORCYCLE - Fullerton / Anaheim / Garden Grove REWARD $$$  (Read 9065 times)

Offline Klaus

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Klaus's Gallery
  • I fix problems.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Too Many
  • Years Riding: Too Many
STOLEN MOTORCYCLE. Asian Male, Heavy Accent, Short Black Hair, Assume Vietnamese Origin ~150lbs. ~Age 35
Fullerton / Anaheim / Garden Grove Area.
$500 REWARD. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  YOU CAN INVOLVE POLICE OR DEAL WITH THE MATTER "INTERNALLY"

2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. Polished Frame. Crudely painted charcoal fairings.  Yellow is visible low where rock chips pulled away previous paint.  Front rim is plasti-dipped black.  Rub the plasti off to reveal red (yuck).Front rotors are slightly different and have different mounting hubs.

Rare Hamaguchi Exhaust, Suburban Delinquent sticker on windscreen. LSG decals on RHS fairing. This photo is current.

Run him off the road. Total the bike to stop him. I don't care.  If you get the asshole charged and caught, I will personally add more money on top of the reward.

Klaus
(949)295-OI57
« Last Edit: 11/23/15 07:54PM by Klaus »
Efficiency is beauty.  Patterns rule the world.

Offline FlyingScotsman

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • FlyingScotsman's Gallery
  • Auto Club Speeway 29Aug
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 R1 Blue
  • Years Riding: 20 YEARS

mbstr

That sucks Klaus, will keep an eye out n gladly run his ass off the road!

Scott

That blows. Was it your bike or someone's you know?

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
I hate thieves, will gladly run him off the road, or the person he sold it to...  :26:
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RedRider4Life's Gallery
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 16 years
Keep my eyes peeled. If that idiot is dumb enough to ride it or post it I hope he gets caught! Your bike or somebody you know?

Offline mikeK6Gsxr600

let me guess, it was outside and not locked up to a pole.  perhaps another apaprtment complex or something?
Signature removed due to excessive size. Max size is 200px

Offline Stella

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Stella's Gallery
  • Feelin' pretty Sassssssy!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Kawi Ninja 250
What's the story here? It would be good to know how this happened so others can avoid it. Was he test driving and just rode off with it? Did you watch him steal it, and that's how you have a description? What were the circumstances?

Offline Kota

• 749cc
  • Kota's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02' Honda 954rr
Damm dude that sucks. I will keep an eye out but I doubt I will spot anything mainly cuz I work way too much and don't really see the world around me as much as I use to. Yet when I do go for a ride it is during nocturnal hours. The fact that this is a dark colored liter bike, I highly doubt I will be able to spot anything.

So how did it get stolen? Give us more details. You got any VIN numbers?? I am always checking out CL for gsxr parts for cheap.

Believe it or not, before I bought the 636 from chicken's shop, I actually talked to this guy named "biscuit" on phone. He had a honda 954 with full fairings with 16k on clock for 3g. It seemed like really good deal to me but what threw me off was he insisted I met him at a gas station around 11pm. My instincts new something was shady so I didn't even bother meeting up. Later I was reading an article (I think it was here on OCmoto forum) about motorcycle theft and his name poped up in the article.

Offline venomenon83

I personally won't let some CL guy come to my house, who knows they might be scouting... if i were to meet someone about selling my bike, I'd meet him/her at a police station or sherrif HQ... whomever with bad intention will backed up and you wont have to worry if that person know where you live. Anyhow, sorry for your lost....hope you have insurance to cover your lost.

Offline GP

I wouldn't let anyone test ride without cash in hand.

Did you post for sale on here? or just Craig's? Member on here?

Good luck! I'll keep an eye out.

Offline BCMC

What's the reward? Don't be a tease..

Edit: Let me take that back. . I've had a bike stolen many years ago. I understand the feelings. But from what is provided, sounds like the bike thief was someone met face to face during a transaction? Gotta take precautions in this day and age.
« Last Edit: 11/23/15 03:28PM by BCMC »

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 39, Years Training Riders: 17
Bummed to see this.  I've had a couple of bikes stolen.  Good luck, Klaus.

Ride on,

J~

P.S. - Did you call the police about it?
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Rogue

Edit: Let me take that back. . I've had a bike stolen many years ago. I understand the feelings. But from what is provided, sounds like the bike thief was someone meet face to face during a transaction? Gotta take precautions in this day and age.

Back in the late '80's, my friend tried to sell his Ninja 600R to a would-be buyer. He let him take the bike for the "test ride" and he never came back.  So this shit has been happening for a while now.  Damn sad indeed.  Can't trust anyone then, can't trust anyone today. 

Offline Punisher

• 749cc
  • Punisher's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 gsxr750, 2012 Triumph street triple 675, 2006 drz400, 2008 crf450r, Schwinn stingray
Asian dude stole my buddies 14 1000 Gsxr last week.  Showed up on a stolen cb1100.  Left that and took the Gsxr. Same guy?

Offline GP

At the very least ask for DL?  :26:

Offline Klaus

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Klaus's Gallery
  • I fix problems.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Too Many
  • Years Riding: Too Many
It was a personal bike that was stolen "This time it's personal."  Standard / Minimum Insurance so it's a total loss.  I want to correct the male was approximately 35.  It's honestly difficult for me to determine age with Asian individuals (Damn you collagen!).

The same male purchased a motorcycle from me almost exactly a year ago, a 2001 GSX-R 750 with cash in hand.  I "knew" the individual but not by name or with any personal information.  This established rapport and some level of trust.  He called and said he was looking for a larger liter bike and had $6000 to work with, which I had a motorcycle in his exact price range.  Later on, the police informed me that the previous motorcycle that was sold was never registered, IE no paper trail.

He showed up with another older and conservative-looking Asian male in the same clean car with visible license plate.  I thought he was serious about buying a motorcycle because of this.  When he purchased the '01 750 a year prior, I had even stopped and given him a jacket as he started to ride off as it was just beginning to rain, he remembered this and thanked me. He asked to test drive the bike around the complex.  I asked for his DL but he assured me ("you can trust me, I know you") his uncle would stay as collateral.  I stood next to his elderly uncle and talked a bit.  After a couple minutes, the older Asian male said I should probably "call the police" and I suddenly became confused.  The "uncle" told me that he had just picked him up at a restaurant and hadn't met him before.  This seemed incredibly fishy on both parties and police were called.  Reports came in that he made it to Lemon / Orangethorpe no helmet swerving in and out of traffic.  Police were dispatched and the older male was released.  What a scam. 

I have multiple less-lethal devices and firearms ready to draw and detain.  I'm not concerned about my safety, just my memory of training and aim.  I've only had to use them once before and hope to never have to use them again (oh God the paperwork).  Things would have gone down significantly differently if he wasn't such a cowardly thief with his chickenshit antics.  I didn't expect this type of thing from an acquaintance who held rapport and physical collateral.

I have redrawn my personal assumptions with race, age, gender, and demeanor with thieves.  This event blew my previous notions away.  What a sociopath to smile and build trust to shatter it minutes later. 

Lesson of the day: "Absolutely no test drives without cash in hand."
« Last Edit: 11/23/15 07:50PM by Klaus »
Efficiency is beauty.  Patterns rule the world.

Offline Kota

• 749cc
  • Kota's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02' Honda 954rr
Damm....what a bastard. I hope he wrecks it and breaks some bones. It's a liter bike so chances of him eating it is good.

Offline mikeK6Gsxr600

you let someone test drive without cash on hand?

really tho?

and your mad now bro?

woooow....
Signature removed due to excessive size. Max size is 200px

Offline Stella

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Stella's Gallery
  • Feelin' pretty Sassssssy!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Kawi Ninja 250
Thanks for sharing the details. It definitely paints a clearer picture and serves as a warning to other sellers. I'm sure this asshole will strike again.

Here are my questions: When he purchased the first bike from you, didn't you write out a bill of sale and fill out the release of liability and a title transfer, which would have had his full name and CDL (at the very least)? Didn't you ask for his picture ID to confirm that the name and address he wrote down matched?

If so, I would hope you keep good records since you do sell a lot of bikes. This may provide a very quick lead, right to his front door. Criminals are usually stupider than they think they are. I would also try to recall if he touched anything, like the trunk of a car he leaned against or even a water glass or doorknob, that might have left a decent fingerprint. Even last year's paperwork might still have a viable print. This guy's not new to thievery--he's too sophisticated. Guaranteed he's been caught before and his prints are in the system.

All that being said, I look forward to hearing about your new plans for security. Cash in hand. Take photos of license plate and car. Take photo of rider. Take photo of his ID. Hell. hold his ID and wallet. Maintain good records--don't leave them for him to fill out later. Take pics of those too. In this day and age, we have a lot of tools at our disposal. Most of the time, we get dinged when we take shortcuts. This really sucks, and I hope someone finds the bastard and beats him to a pulp. It's almost WORSE that he's purchased from you before. Smh!

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 63 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything