Re: MotoGP 2016
« Reply #40 on: 06/10/16 12:09PM »
 :32:

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Ninja 1000; '16 Tuono RR; '03 RM65 mini sumo; '08 R6 Track bike
  • Years Riding: Sport Bike: Fri 6/13/08 :)
« Reply #41 on: 06/10/16 04:55PM »

Yea, it's all old news now.  A season's end worth forgetting IMO.  The rest was great.

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #42 on: 07/19/16 03:20PM »
For all you Jorge fans...(sarcasm alert)
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline Irvine_Chris

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Irvine_Chris's Gallery
  • Let's go for a ride!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: *bikeless*
  • Years Riding: Since 1981
« Reply #43 on: 07/19/16 03:22PM »

:12: :32: :32: :32: :32: :32: :32: :32: :32: :8:
Motorcycles motorcycles motorcycles

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07/19/16 05:21PM »
LOL!!! That's hilarious.

Although I wish VR would stop screwing up as well; he stayed out too long AGAIN just like last year. Hard to believe. Makes for some boring racing. I want MM-VR epic battles damned LOL

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 07/19/16 06:48PM »
LOL!!! That's hilarious.

Although I wish VR would stop screwing up as well; he stayed out too long AGAIN just like last year. Hard to believe. Makes for some boring racing. I want MM-VR epic battles damned LOL
To be honest, it wasn't entirely that he stayed out too long, it was the intermediate tires they (VR/Team) chose. Look at Cal Crutchlow, he came in at the same time as VR and Dovi but he chose slicks, not the intermediates and he came in second. Plus he started in 13th on the grid! Don't recall what Dovi ended up running after the switch but he came in 3rd.

Offline FastMoto

• 998cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 05 Busa, 08 GSA
  • Years Riding: 12
« Reply #46 on: 07/19/16 08:04PM »
MM and Honda called that one right. Mid-race gravel run and a 1st place finish. Yes at the expense of some poor decisions of others but pretty damn impressive.

Hard to dislike him and skills continues to impress over and over. He will need to eventually ride something other than a Honda and continue to be successful in order to be spoken in any GOAT conversations, but he is getting there.

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #47 on: 07/19/16 09:10PM »
MM only changed bikes and tires when he did because of his trip in the gravel had nothing too lose. Ended up on the top of the podium luck or not can't take that away from him. Looks like the championship is all but his at this point.
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Scott

« Reply #48 on: 07/19/16 09:26PM »

^ beautiful  :7: At this point I think all competitors should carry a bottle of water to sprinkle out on the track in front of JL. He SUCKS in the wet!!!

Hate MM, but him and Honda just made every other rider and manufacturers look completely stupid!!!

Yamaha: "Hey, MM is on slicks, running competitive times on a drying track. Let's go with Inters!"
Yamaha: "Hey Rossi, box."
Rossi: "No"
Yamaha: "Hey Rossi, no really, box."
Yamaha: "Look guys, MM is now setting lap times 5 seconds faster on the slicks. What should we do? Tell Rossi to box and get him out on the Inters!"
Yamaha: "Rossi, box!"
Yamaha: "He didn't come in. MM is flying on the now dry track! What should we do? Leave the Inters on!"

:4:

Don't get me started on Ducati!!!

Edit: Great race though!
« Last Edit: 07/19/16 09:28PM by Scott »

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07/19/16 09:39PM »

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07/19/16 10:10PM »
LOL!!! That's hilarious.

To be honest, it wasn't entirely that he stayed out too long, it was the intermediate tires they (VR/Team) chose.

That is a good point!

And yea, MM-2 is going to be unbeatable if he keeps racing strategically.

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07/20/16 08:39AM »

^ beautiful  :7: At this point I think all competitors should carry a bottle of water to sprinkle out on the track in front of JL. He SUCKS in the wet!!!

Hate MM, but him and Honda just made every other rider and manufacturers look completely stupid!!!

Yamaha: "Hey, MM is on slicks, running competitive times on a drying track. Let's go with Inters!"
Yamaha: "Hey Rossi, box."
Yamaha: "Hey Rossi, no really, box."
Yamaha: "Look guys, MM is now setting lap times 5 seconds faster on the slicks. What should we do? Tell Rossi to box and get him out on the Inters!"
Yamaha: "Rossi, box!"
Yamaha: "He didn't come in. MM is flying on the now dry track! What should we do? Leave the Inters on!"

:4:

Don't get me started on Ducati!!!

Edit: Great race though!
Based on the initial test at the Red Bull circuit in Austria, the Ducatis are the fastest on the track. The high speed nature of the track seems to suit them well. So if no Ducati is on the podium next race, then you'll really be upset! As long as the "Maniac" can avoid torpedoing somebody, I think he and Dovi will be battling it out for the win. But, that's just based on the testing, let's see how the FP and qualifying runs turn out.

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RedRider4Life's Gallery
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 16 years
« Reply #52 on: 07/20/16 11:40AM »
LOL!!! That's hilarious.

To be honest, it wasn't entirely that he stayed out too long, it was the intermediate tires they (VR/Team) chose. Look at Cal Crutchlow, he came in at the same time as VR and Dovi but he chose slicks, not the intermediates and he came in second. Plus he started in 13th on the grid! Don't recall what Dovi ended up running after the switch but he came in 3rd.
First off, Cal Crutchlow did not chose slicks, HIS TEAM DID. Secondly ROSSI repeatedly ignored the instructions of his team. You ROSSI fans can make all the excuses you want but it was ROSSI who screwed himself in the last race, and NO ONE ELSE. HONDA and specifically MM team made the correct call. Even if Rossi pitted when first instructed had the used the same intermediate tires, he would not have won.

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RedRider4Life's Gallery
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 16 years
« Reply #53 on: 07/20/16 11:41AM »
Surprise surprise Rossi wants radio's now.
http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-would-support-f1-style-team-radio-in-motogp-799971/
What a BITCH move, perhaps they should get him glasses maybe he can't read the pit board in his old age....ROFL
Take it like the camp you are and admit YOU F'ed UP. Apologize to your team and don't make the same mistake for a THIRD time.

GO HONDA!!!!!
« Last Edit: 07/20/16 11:43AM by RedRider4Life »

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07/20/16 01:05PM »
Even if Rossi pitted when first instructed had the used the same intermediate tires, he would not have won.

I think the tire choice is a tricky one.  I imagine it's a decision made before the race starts.  So, unless they knew Marquez was going for slicks, the intermediates would've been the smartest choice.  I think that's just a gamble you have to take not knowing conditions up front.

So, yea, I guess the decision to come in earlier would've only made a significant difference if Rossi's bike was being prepared on slicks. 

Not sure who is truly at fault but as a team, Yamaha screwed up.  As soon the first people went out on slicks, Rossi's bike should've been set up with slicks as well.  He was running a good race and was in contention for a win.

« Last Edit: 07/20/16 01:09PM by luciano136 »

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07/20/16 03:41PM »
LOL!!! That's hilarious.

First off, Cal Crutchlow did not chose slicks, HIS TEAM DID. Secondly ROSSI repeatedly ignored the instructions of his team. You ROSSI fans can make all the excuses you want but it was ROSSI who screwed himself in the last race, and NO ONE ELSE. HONDA and specifically MM team made the correct call. Even if Rossi pitted when first instructed had the used the same intermediate tires, he would not have won.
I didn't mean specifically Cal made the call but that he rode on slicks and not the intermediates. Maybe I should have put (Cal/Team) as I did Rossi so it wouldn't have ruffled any feathers...

Offline Parc Ferme

« Reply #56 on: 07/20/16 07:18PM »
geez put the pitchforks down or at least turn your anger to the blogger who wrote that clickbait title.  did you read the quotes?  he never once said anything close to "i want radios"  he was clearly answering a pointed question such as "why aren't radios used in motogp now?" by a journalist.  this "writer" just put a clearly erroneous title on his site so he could get more views

the link is right there.  show me where vr said "i want radios"
hubcap diamond star halo girl lord flatbed ford beans heart fart

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07/20/16 10:48PM »

I just watched the Moto2 race.  Man, forget MotoGP, that was some good ol' racing!!  Loved every minute of it!

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 07/21/16 01:07PM »
Interesting read on Moto2 engines. http://world.honda.com/MotoGP/2016/moto2_engines/

Sam Harris

Offline Irvine_Chris

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • Irvine_Chris's Gallery
  • Let's go for a ride!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: *bikeless*
  • Years Riding: Since 1981
« Reply #59 on: 07/21/16 02:35PM »
Motorcycles motorcycles motorcycles

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 66 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook