Topic: OC Motorcycle Shop  (Read 3671 times)

Offline IslandTosh

• 125cc
  • IslandTosh's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Triumph Street Triple R, '04 Ninja 250 (I think she's jealous)
  • Years Riding: Since July 2013
OC Motorcycle Shop
« on: 02/12/16 12:00PM »
Much thanks to SuperChicken @ OC Motorcycle Shop (http://www.ocmotorcycleshop.com/).  He gave a great price on mounting new tires onto my wheels and balancing them. I took the off the bike and brought them + the tires to him.  He got everything done in about a 1/2 hour. 

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
Re: OC Motorcycle Shop
« Reply #1 on: 02/12/16 12:51PM »
Chicken for prez  :7:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

mbstr

« Reply #2 on: 02/12/16 04:02PM »
Drew is "Da man" always had excellent service, Tech tip......bring a couple Red Bulls with ya next time ;)

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #3 on: 02/12/16 05:22PM »
Drew is "Da man" always had excellent service, Tech tip......bring a couple Red Bulls with ya next time ;)

x2

He also doesn't mind donuts if you catch him in the morning, but only on cheater days  :7:

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
« Reply #4 on: 02/12/16 07:02PM »
I also heard he likes the milkshake from sonic

honest guy, and a racer himself, does all my chain/sprocket changes and listens to me yap while he does it LOL
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
« Reply #5 on: 02/12/16 07:36PM »
He actually stops talking long enough for you to yap? I'm doing something wrong, I think...

:2:
 :26:

mbstr

« Reply #6 on: 02/12/16 07:58PM »
He actually stops talking long enough for you to yap? I'm doing something wrong, I think...

Chicken has some awesome stories you should hear the one about the time he finally decided to cross the road :36:
« Last Edit: 02/12/16 08:00PM by RdTodd »

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02/12/16 11:55PM »

who said he stops?

we both yap and somehow work gets done on my bike LOLOL

Offline mikeK6Gsxr600

« Reply #8 on: 02/13/16 08:14AM »
sometimes, he actually works and gets off his phone.....
Signature removed due to excessive size. Max size is 200px

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
« Reply #9 on: 02/13/16 10:38AM »

Chicken has some awesome stories you should hear the one about the time he finally decided to cross the road :36:
The stories are a big reason why I keep my mouth shut as much as possible.... LOL!

Offline SUPERCHICKEN

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • SUPERCHICKEN's Gallery
  • GO SUPER CHICKEN
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HONDA VTR1000F
  • Years Riding: 10
« Reply #10 on: 02/13/16 11:48AM »
my stories are intersting and informative,

thank you very much.

and i crossed the road to get to the track

chicken for prez
its easier to add horse power than it is to lose weight

mbstr

« Reply #11 on: 02/13/16 02:12PM »
FINALLY the age old question answered Chicken for the win  :1: :1: :1:
« Last Edit: 02/13/16 08:50PM by RdTodd »

Offline CBRunyan

• Forum Moderator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • CBRunyan's Gallery
  • AMA Member 1098565
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 35
« Reply #12 on: 02/14/16 09:20PM »
Poultry inclined myself..... Chicken is the best, period.

Offline MurdaJ

Need a mechanic? Avoid Oc Motorcycle Shop/Superchicken Drew

Offline Kota

• 749cc
  • Kota's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02' Honda 954rr
« Reply #14 on: 10/24/17 09:45AM »
 :32: :32: :32: :32:

Knock Knock

Who is there?

hooligan

Hooligan who?

The hooligan who wants be on the same team as chicken if OCmoto members went to play paintball.  :32: :32: :32: :32:  Ohh man, I crack myself up.

"Good luck" to those who believe chicken, Mr. Hoffman, is a man of integrity cuz you are going to need all the luck you can get.

:32: :32: :32:

Offline Scblacksunshine

« Reply #15 on: 10/24/17 11:47AM »
:32: :32: :32: :32:

Knock Knock

Who is there?

hooligan

Hooligan who?

The hooligan who wants be on the same team as chicken if OCmoto members went to play paintball.  :32: :32: :32: :32:  Ohh man, I crack myself up.

"Good luck" to those who believe chicken, Mr. Hoffman, is a man of integrity cuz you are going to need all the luck you can get.

:32: :32: :32:

Interesting post, got anything to provide some insight into this?

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10/24/17 12:26PM »
Naah you can ignore it...just Kota being kota

@murdaJ - sorry about the experience man! Roughly 80-90% of my big service jobs that cost thousands have a similar experience. I now delegate those to big companies (sometimes *gasp* dealers!) That have customer service departments and even then, I often need to monitor the work and step in to get things moving. And even they still F up (ever have an unfastened bolt dragging into a brand new tire and almost shred it to pieces on the ride home?)

I know you're a good dude and honest so I don't doubt any part of your story. I know SC too and he is an honest guy, and he earnestly will try to do it, but some of those jobs pretty big and when more jobs fall into his lap, the big ones get put on hold. If he knew it would turn out like that, he would not have taken it in...if you knew, you wouldn't have dropped it off...all in the unknown...but he means well, so he took it in anyways. Yes, it may have helped to cut his losses  and communicated issues earlier, but it's tough as a one man show when new people are always coming in, he can be contacted directly (so more interruptions), and moreso that he knows he has the knowledge to do it if he has the time. As painstaking as it is (and at the risk of his reputation)  he could say no next time. I generally just use him for chain/sprocket/tire changes. Ride in, get it done, ride out.
« Last Edit: 10/24/17 12:34PM by breakdirt916 »

Rogue

« Reply #17 on: 10/24/17 12:52PM »
My experience with motorcycle service is:  EVERYONE f***s up.  Even I do and I'm anal retentive on MY bikes and I'm not in a hurry to get one done so I can go on to the next.  In Murdajs' case it was a perfect storm of bad timing, bad communication, and just bad all around.  I don't doubt his story either.  But let anyone who has not committed something similar cast the first stone.....because even big dealerships screw up.  Plus, this industry is notorious for low pay, long hours, and pissy customers.  And then you have to deal with the physical exertion of wrenching all day! 

I for one am glad that Drew Hoffman is available.  Because if he's not, and not a such a nice guy, then we're all stuck with going to the dealership who are notorious for all of the above.  This does not in any way excuse what happened. 

So what's the takeaway here?  I would say, for regular service like tune ups, tire changes, etc., go ahead and use someone you trust.  But when it comes to diagnosing unusual bike issues, I recommend using the internet and owner support websites for answers FIRST.  Do a thorough search and understanding of the problem.  Then you can either fix it yourself, or take your bike and tell them what they need to do to fix it. 

Because many times a service shop will simply go through an elimination process until they fix the issue, costing you a lot of $$ and time.  And then MAYBE they will end up fixing your bike.  That's just reality that experienced wrenchers don't stick around and the knowledge base eventually expires.  However, information on Youtube and the internet is always available and is saved for later re-learning.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10/24/17 01:12PM »
Agreed! And youtube/forums are free

I did something similar for my YZ...I know I am a professional crankshaft destroyer...so I pulled the motor out, took the top end off, and brought just the bottom end for a crank rebuild. Heck I threw it in my backpack and dropped it off on my Vstrom. I mailed out the cylinder myself for a strip and re-plate. I bought my own top end kit and will put everything else together myself.

But that's a moot point example... doesn't apply to everyone.

But I agree with Rogue...bad communication, bad timing, bad all around. Sucks for everyone

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10/27/17 04:31PM »
Another example of chicken available: my bike is dead at work today. Texted Chicken and he was willing to come to my work and repair it for me...just needed part. Sweet! I said I will take care of the part...so in my limited wisdom I wrongfully called dealers and they were not able to find one between here and Montana. I called Safari Cycle and Johnson (?) In LA....nobody has it.

Told this to Chicken - he recommended Electrosport in Aliso Viejo...they have it! Doh! I should've asked him in the first place. I wasn't able to swing by to get it since I work until 7, but Drew was willing to pick it up and install it for me at work.

Good guy! I am telling ya!

He lets me text him directly and will work with me to get it done

« Last Edit: 10/27/17 04:33PM by breakdirt916 »

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 61 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything