Topic: OC Motorcycle Shop  (Read 4404 times)

Offline MurdaJ

Re: OC Motorcycle Shop
« Reply #20 on: 10/27/17 04:54PM »
Weird, i text him today about my rearset and he hasnt answered
Need a mechanic? Avoid Oc Motorcycle Shop/Superchicken Drew

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #21 on: 10/27/17 07:59PM »
He lets me text him directly and will work with me to get it done

He has a customer service issue here and he's ignoring it. Doesn't look good to ignore the guys text and answer yours. Even if you don't like the customer you need to be honest, and forthcoming about it. Playing dodge-em is probably the most frustrating thing someone can do.

This is coming from me, who has had only good experiences to share.

If he needs to break up with the customer he should do it like a girlfriend, be short, but frank, and no name-calling. LOL

Offline VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
  • The Gentleman's Hooligan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 VFR800/ 2009 FZ1/ 2002 YZ425f
  • Years Riding: 33
« Reply #22 on: 10/27/17 08:14PM »
Interesting read. I am getting ready to haul my FZ1 to a mechanic in SantaClarita after having 3 seperate mechanics worm on it. I have scoured the internet and vuess everyone is dead sure it is this or that. So I can check every wire, circuit, switch, ignition component and still find out it's a sunken ex valve or worn cam chain. $1200 invested in repairs and parts to date.
My point is i agree some shops are terrific at installing parts and tune ups. Dealerships are a total crap shoot. Finding someone with absolute expertise on your brand and model who works for a fair price is hard to find. Hopefully this guy is the answer for my FZ1.
But from what I read here, this guy Drew at Chicken may get my tune up service.
99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F
02 YZ250F
2000 CR125R
01 WR250F

Offline SUPERCHICKEN

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • SUPERCHICKEN's Gallery
  • GO SUPER CHICKEN
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HONDA VTR1000F
  • Years Riding: 10
« Reply #23 on: 10/27/17 10:36PM »
Iím sorry that I had a bad experience with my shop, it was never my intention to let it get this far, and should have communicated better about the bike and the issues I was having with it, Iím not to sure why there were parts missing of your bike, but will be glad to replace anything that was missing, if u want to pm me a list of what is missing, I will gladly replace what is missing, and will send all the parts to u, or can meet u at your place and replace the missing parts.

I did put a lot of time and money into your bike to try and get it working, and I failed in that, and I do apologize, for this mess and situation that I put u in, I would like the oppotunity to make it right, or will gladly pay another shop for them to diagnose the problem.

I never receive a txt from u today, and just found out that u txt from reading this

Once again Iím sorry for this

Chicken
its easier to add horse power than it is to lose weight

Offline Kota

• 749cc
  • Kota's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02' Honda 954rr
« Reply #24 on: 10/28/17 12:51PM »
Naah you can ignore it...just Kota being kota

@murdaJ - sorry about the experience man! Roughly 80-90% of my big service jobs that cost thousands have a similar experience. I now delegate those to big companies (sometimes *gasp* dealers!) That have customer service departments and even then, I often need to monitor the work and step in to get things moving. And even they still F up (ever have an unfastened bolt dragging into a brand new tire and almost shred it to pieces on the ride home?)

I know you're a good dude and honest so I don't doubt any part of your story. I know SC too and he is an honest guy, and he earnestly will try to do it, but some of those jobs pretty big and when more jobs fall into his lap, the big ones get put on hold. If he knew it would turn out like that, he would not have taken it in...if you knew, you wouldn't have dropped it off...all in the unknown...but he means well, so he took it in anyways. Yes, it may have helped to cut his losses  and communicated issues earlier, but it's tough as a one man show when new people are always coming in, he can be contacted directly (so more interruptions), and moreso that he knows he has the knowledge to do it if he has the time. As painstaking as it is (and at the risk of his reputation)  he could say no next time. I generally just use him for chain/sprocket/tire changes. Ride in, get it done, ride out.

before you go "kota is being kota"   

I have seen it with my own eyes him charge customer for carb cleaning service that he didn't perform. Carbs that are practically spotlessly clean. I have seen him recommend service that didn't need to serviced. I have cleaned the entire surface of the actual shop in OC motorcycle shop. Detailed the entire tire machine. Learned it from Rdtodd on how to make waves to really clean the filth and dirt. Diagnose cluster fudge carb. with real issues, do shit ton of my own research to do it by the book. Help him with other bikes by doing odd stuff to make his job more efficient and chicken has never paid me a dime for the work I have done in OC motorcycle shop in cash or in parts that he promised. Before I worked (slave labor) in his shop, my minimum wage working broke ass  always tiped him and paid him more than what he would quote. Bought him lunch, plenty of bottled water for his shop and customers, redbulls countless times... My 04 zx636 was bought from his shop. I don't even wana get into all the bull shit I went through with charging and cooling system before I even atually stunted that bike or even droped it. He will bull shit you, and do the bare minimum, take the most amount of money yet charging just a tad bit less than other shops......"chicken" is a great marketing name. That's how he stays in business. "Take it to chicken" it's catchy. My best friend has paid him rent money, $500 a month, for months and he has screwed him over. He still owes my best friend and I, money and parts. We have just accepted that it is what it is and he will come up with one bullshit excuse after another. He is going to bullshit you and you are not even gonna know you are being bull-shited unless you actually have a head on your shoulder and know your bike. If I saw Chicken getting jumped by multiple people, and he was alone I would jump in no questions asked. But to say he is someone with integrity... :32: I won't be surprised one bit if he is selling you service you don't need, charging you for work he is not going to do as he is taking your money while saying he did it. He is clever in his own sneaky shady ways. Recommending carb services when your bike clearly doesn't need one is one of his "gravy jobs". I have seen it with my own eyes and heard him lie with my own ears. I have modified and installed exhaust system for customer's bike, only to hear him say he is working on it. "I am personally working on it now, if you don't believe me I will send you picture message" when in reality it's was I who did that job as chicken promised me to be paid in parts that he said he ordered when I know he didn't. Still don't have those parts and I am never going to get em nor do I even care anymore. lol.  (for f's sake, I have dealt with tucker rocky, parts unlimited, and western power sport sales rep...I know excatly how long it takes for parts to arrive when you actually order them). Just accept the fact he is an asshole and he will try to get you in one his sneaky shady ways, you will be fine. If you really think he is going to be fair and square with you....good luck.

OC motorcycle shop being a one man show you say....tell that to Tony, trevor, and other white kid. Tell that to Mr. Hoffman's dad who comes in every so often delivering frames and wheels to Dr. Jim and Jon. OC motorcycle shop is a one man show and that is why he ignores your calls is some more bullshit. This whole "take it to chicken" and OCmoto.com and OC motorcycle shop is just clever marketing stunt.

As for me, I am taking a break from motorcycles and geting back into downhill riding mountain bikes. Good luck to everyone jumping on the "take it to chicken" train. Have fun playing at the track, riding with "your chicken" together as you all start sucking, squeezing, banging, and blowing harder, and faster.  :32: :32: :32:

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
« Reply #25 on: 10/28/17 02:10PM »
Yup, just Kota being kota... especially the last paragraph...LOL
« Last Edit: 10/28/17 02:12PM by breakdirt916 »
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10/28/17 07:25PM »
Whew! That is some impressive flame throwing!! Haha.
99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F
02 YZ250F
2000 CR125R
01 WR250F

Offline CBRunyan

• Forum Moderator
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • CBRunyan's Gallery
  • AMA Member 1098565
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CBR1000RR
  • Years Riding: 35
« Reply #27 on: 10/28/17 11:33PM »
In a previous life, I was an auto mechanic. I can work my way around an engine, suspension, gas line, etc. One of the things I always appreciated about Drew is that he will explain to me what he sees and thinks is the issue. I'm not an expert on motorcycles, but a simple understanding of mechanics helps. He was never, ever, ever, dishonest. Even the best mechanic can get it wrong. If that weren't true, MotoGP riders would never have mechanical failures. The good mechanics own their failures. Most dealers will not go this route.

In those rare events that Chicken misses a call, he stands into the failure and owns it. A good example was a simple missing bolt on my front spindle last year. He is the ONLY one I trust to touch my ride. When he, not I, noticed the missing bolt, he owned it and quickly bought a factory replacement with an apology. Simple issue, but worth trust. As riders, we need more trust and connection to our mechanics than gagers. I trust him.   
His response to the critique above stands testament. I don't see an a retort to the apology.

Offline Rd Todd

• 749cc
  • Rd Todd's Gallery
  • The Huntington Hillbilly
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 03 Wr450 plated, 76 Rd 400, 78 Yz250, 79 Yz 125, 78 Yz100,
  • Years Riding: Cant remember
« Reply #28 on: 10/29/17 09:51AM »
Kota for president.....
Bikers are good people!

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #29 on: 10/29/17 10:18AM »
Kota for president.....
I didn't think it was possible to find somebody less qualified than Trump until now.
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesnít value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesnít value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline SUPERCHICKEN

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • SUPERCHICKEN's Gallery
  • GO SUPER CHICKEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 10/29/17 10:45AM »
Chicken for president???

Offline The Cycle Guy

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • The Cycle Guy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675, DT-50
  • Years Riding: 40+
« Reply #31 on: 10/29/17 10:47PM »
Kota for president.....
I didn't think it was possible to find somebody less qualified than Trump until now.
:32:

Offline Xanatos

« Reply #32 on: 10/30/17 01:04PM »
Kota, can I get that message again, but in English this time? You sound less educated than a Kentucky hillbilly.

Offline VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11/01/17 01:29AM »
Kota, can I get that message again, but in English this time? You sound less educated than a Kentucky hillbilly.
Hey now. Let's not disparage the good people of Kentucky. After all Nicky Hayden came from the great wiskey state.
99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F
02 YZ250F
2000 CR125R
01 WR250F

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #34 on: 11/01/17 10:22AM »
Have you seen "Justified"?
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesnít value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesnít value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline MurdaJ

« Reply #35 on: 11/01/17 11:19AM »
Iím sorry that I had a bad experience with my shop, it was never my intention to let it get this far, and should have communicated better about the bike and the issues I was having with it, Iím not to sure why there were parts missing of your bike, but will be glad to replace anything that was missing, if u want to pm me a list of what is missing, I will gladly replace what is missing, and will send all the parts to u, or can meet u at your place and replace the missing parts.

I did put a lot of time and money into your bike to try and get it working, and I failed in that, and I do apologize, for this mess and situation that I put u in, I would like the oppotunity to make it right, or will gladly pay another shop for them to diagnose the problem.

I never receive a txt from u today, and just found out that u txt from reading this

Once again Iím sorry for this

Chicken

Pm sent, all i want from you is my missing parts back in a timely fashion please

Offline SUPERCHICKEN

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • SUPERCHICKEN's Gallery
  • GO SUPER CHICKEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11/01/17 11:24AM »
Ok sent back

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
« Reply #37 on: 11/01/17 04:48PM »
Even worse then a Bro Deal .
Great heads  up
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Offline MurdaJ

« Reply #38 on: 11/06/17 01:49PM »
Ok sent back

Hey this is the cbr900 you worked on

When i picked up my bike from your closed shop, it was missing the rear set that you said you broke and had replaced. The bolts to hold it on are also missing. 4 screws to hold my airbox together are missing. All 3 bolts to hold my gas tank and fairing stay are missing. Battery is missing. You said you replaced my carbs, i would like my original parts returned to me, as is standard by all mechanics i have ever worked with. L

Im looking forward to your response.

Ok I will order the rear set?? Was it left side or right side?? The 4 screws to get to the air box on, and the bolts to hold on the tank, I will pic up a battery for u, the carbs that are in there are the old ones, and when the new ones I put in didnít work, I put the old ones back in, and the same with harness,

Left side rear set. On october 10th you said it was damaged where you were keeping it and the part was ordered, october 13 you said it was installed, october 16th you said it bike would be ready for pick up the next day, october 17th i go to your shop and find my bike missing all the parts i told you about, i called and text you right then and there with no response. So you might already have it somewhere in your stuff.

Where is your shop for me to pick up the part once you receive it?

I never go those txt, Iím sorry, I wil look in my stuff, but I donít have a shop anymore had to move everything to storage, so let me look when I get home and if I can my find Iíll order it, and can send to u, or I can come to where u live and install it

Ok sounds good, when should i expect to know if you found it or had to order it?

I will check when I get back in town at the weekend, if I donít find it Iíll order it then

Any news drew? Tried texting and calling today, neither went through.

Maybe try settings>phone>call blocking & identification and then remove my number from that list.
« Last Edit: 11/06/17 01:53PM by MurdaJ »

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 68 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything