Topic: Cop didn't show to court today!  (Read 5892 times)

Scott

Cop didn't show to court today!
« on: 04/19/16 05:20PM »
So I had my 2nd court date this morning for a ticket I got in Brea a few months back. The cop didn't show! DISMISSED!!! Been thanking God all day :19:

I did want to say, guesstimate... about half the cops didn't show today! I don't know if something was going on or what, but guessing there was 40 people in the court room, about half got dismissed for the cop no-showing. At the start, they did a roll-call, say "here" when they called your name, then they would call out the officers name. Each officer had about 3-4 people there fighting their ticket, and at least 6-7 officers didn't show; only had about 6 officers that were sitting in the court room. Fullerton Court. Never saw anything like that before. I've seen an officer or two miss, but never this many. Hopefully it's a new trend!

mbstr

Re: Cop didn't show to court today!
« Reply #1 on: 04/19/16 06:02PM »
Thought Id heard em all growing up around the church but that's a new one, God dismissed your ticket for braking the law???....... Your denominations beliefs never cease to amaze/amuse me keep em coming!

Offline MurdaJ

« Reply #2 on: 04/19/16 06:13PM »
Thought Id heard em all growing up around the church but that's a new one, God dismissed your ticket for braking the law???....... Your denominations beliefs never cease to amaze/amuse me keep em coming!

Hahaha
Need a mechanic? Avoid Oc Motorcycle Shop/Superchicken Drew

Offline testrider1

• 125cc
  • testrider1's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Yamaha FJR-1300A, ex-Honda CBR-1100XX
  • Years Riding: 20
« Reply #3 on: 04/19/16 06:14PM »
May be the ticket was for speeding 1 mile over the speed limit? Nobody deserves a ticket for that :-)

Offline postulio4joo

• 998cc
  • postulio4joo's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Ducati 848
  • Years Riding: Over a couple of years
« Reply #4 on: 04/19/16 06:24PM »
Always remember to request a trial by declaration. I responded to my last 3 tickets stating that I was just innocent and was  deemed not guilty.

Offline MurdaJ

« Reply #5 on: 04/19/16 06:26PM »
Always remember to request a trial by declaration. I responded to my last 3 tickets stating that I was just innocent and was  deemed not guilty.

I tried that once, they said i was guilty. Waste of a good stamp

mbstr

« Reply #6 on: 04/19/16 06:41PM »

you should have asked for assistance from the big man upstairs!

Offline MurdaJ

« Reply #7 on: 04/19/16 07:04PM »

you should have asked for assistance from the big man upstairs!

Nah I wouldn't waste a wish on that. I would actually help someone in real need

Offline postulio4joo

• 998cc
  • postulio4joo's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Ducati 848
  • Years Riding: Over a couple of years
« Reply #8 on: 04/19/16 07:31PM »

If your found guilty, request a trial de novo and run the chances of him not showing up. The probability is in your favor.

Offline FZ1_Chris

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • FZ1_Chris's Gallery
  • Let's go for a ride!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 FE 501
  • Years Riding: Since 1981
« Reply #9 on: 04/19/16 08:29PM »
So I had my 2nd court date this morning for a ticket I got in Brea a few months back. The cop didn't show! DISMISSED!!!

Congratulations!
Motorcycles motorcycles motorcycles

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #10 on: 04/19/16 09:04PM »
While your theory of divine intervention is great and all, I'm sure others in the courtroom were thankful to Allah, some Buddha, and perhaps others deemed it as fate, or maybe it was coincidence, as in Officer Ticketmaster worked 10 hours of overtime the past 3 days and felt some he needed a break.

A service to other members here would be naming some of the agencies (other than Brea) not able to make their court date.  It's a sign of overworked officers, and might just persuade one to fight that ticket especially with a chance of a no-show.  :29:
Every day is ride to work day!

Scott

« Reply #11 on: 04/19/16 09:14PM »
lol Todd... God helps those who love Him in all things. And I thank God He does... because I need all the help I can get!

Thanks Chris!

TC... I did talk to 3 others that were there, but we all had tickets from Brea PD. All of us got our cases dismissed by the way. I don't know who didn't show up, but I do know that those officers that did looked to all be Sheriff. Sorry, but for all I know that court room today could have just been for Brea PD and the Sheriff. I had no real way of knowing who didn't show up without asking every person that got dismissed.

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RedRider4Life's Gallery
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 16 years
« Reply #12 on: 04/20/16 01:00PM »
That there is the best post on OCMoto I have read in a longtime.

Offline Odieman99

• 998cc
  • Odieman99's Gallery
  • The dude abides.
    • View Profile
    • Odegaard Family Counseling, Inc.
  • Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6 (wrecked and sold)
« Reply #13 on: 04/20/16 01:19PM »

He never said God dismissed his ticket.  He simply said he was giving thanks to him.  Big difference in my opinion.
Jason Odegaard, MA
Assistant Professor of Psychology and Counseling
Coordinator of Clinical Training
Hope International University

Offline MurdaJ

« Reply #14 on: 04/20/16 02:36PM »

He never said God dismissed his ticket.  He simply said he was giving thanks to him.  Big difference in my opinion.

From now on when I take a dump I'll thank Scott

Scott

« Reply #15 on: 04/20/16 06:00PM »
Wow... All this because I said, "Been thanking God all day." Guess haters gotta hate.

Edit: for those that didn't see, there were one or two post before this that have since been deleted. Somewhat changed the context of this post.
« Last Edit: 04/20/16 06:50PM by Scott »

Rogue

« Reply #16 on: 04/20/16 08:09PM »
Hey I respect religion even though I'm not practicing it.  I see nothing wrong with believing in something higher than yourself.  Scott wasn't preaching religion to anyone so there's no reason to be hating on his remarks. 

Scott

« Reply #17 on: 04/20/16 08:48PM »
Thanks Rogue.

Punisher, I saw the post you had deleted and thank you for what they said. I wasn't trying to say that what you posted was good or bad, but simply that when they were deleted (didn't say by who because I didn't want to make it seem like I was calling anyone out), their absence made my comment seem a little out of place. That was all my "edit" was intended for. Sorry if it struck you in any other way. Again, after you deleted your post, it made me feel like my post was a little out of place, so I added the edit to inform others that there were some post prior to mine that had been deleted just in case others felt my post seemed a bit much. I had no hard feelings at all, so sorry if you thought I did.

Ride safe brother  :8:

Offline Odieman99

• 998cc
  • Odieman99's Gallery
  • The dude abides.
    • View Profile
    • Odegaard Family Counseling, Inc.
  • Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6 (wrecked and sold)
« Reply #18 on: 04/21/16 03:49PM »
I didn't see the deleted post(s), but I am appreciating this thread for many reasons.
Jason Odegaard, MA
Assistant Professor of Psychology and Counseling
Coordinator of Clinical Training
Hope International University

HBKwaka

« Reply #19 on: 04/22/16 10:37AM »
Karma isa bitch...stop breaking the law or if you do OWN it.

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 53 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook