Topic: Harley-Davidson under investigation for reported brake failure  (Read 980 times)

Offline ViciousCycle

July 8, 2016: http://fortune.com/2016/07/08/harley-davidson-brake-investigation/

"430,000 motorcycles could be affected."

"Riders reported sudden brake system failure occurring without warning."

"The announcement of the investigation follows what was a record-setting year for recalls at Harley-Davidson according to the Wall Street Journal."

"A 2014 recall was also issued for over 60,000 motorcycles over malfunctioning brakes, but in that case, the brakes were not failing without warning but engaging unexpectedly."

:4:

Offline TOMOS

The first thing HD stated was that it was owners fault as that they were not changing their brake fluid every two years as stated in the owners manual.

Rogue

That's a mistake for them to say that. Even if it has merit. Many other makes do not have brake failures and I'll bet they don't change their fluid every two years either.

Offline MurdaJ

I wonder if it has to do with them using shitty dot5 fluid to save their paint job instead of the superior performing dot4
Need a mechanic? Avoid Oc Motorcycle Shop/Superchicken Drew

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/harley-davidsons-stock-tumbles-after-uncorroborated-buyout-rumor-prompts-downgrade-2016-07-05

I had herd some time ago HD was being sold outright . Wonder how the recall is going to fit in the sale .
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Rogue

It would be the irony of the century of a Chinese state-owned conglomerate bought H-D. LOL!

H-D management would probably turn around and blame Americans for it because they demanded too much pay and didn't buy enough H-D's.
« Last Edit: 07/10/16 04:30PM by Rogue »

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 36 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook