Topic: Clutch issues?  (Read 812 times)

Offline FlossinGSXR

Clutch issues?
« on: 07/29/16 06:22PM »
When I start my bike its in neutral, I put it in 1st while holding the clutch in and it jumps forward and dies. I did manage to get it in 1st and while holding in the clutch and I could feel it pulling foward very slightly and that's while holding in the clutch and it never did this before. Is there and could I adjust the clutch? The bike is a 2007 cbr1000rr

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
Re: Clutch issues?
« Reply #1 on: 07/29/16 06:26PM »
Does it have a cable actuated clutch or is it hydraulic? If it's the latter, bleed the line and make sure you don't have any leaks in the system. If it's the former, take out the slack in the cable.
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Rogue

« Reply #2 on: 07/29/16 07:05PM »
If its cable actuated you can easily adjust the cable from the clutch lever and the clutch cover side. Same way you adjust the throttle cables. There should be about 5mm of clutch lever play. Your owner's manual will tell you how to do it and how much play there should be.

Offline SUPERCHICKEN

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • SUPERCHICKEN's Gallery
  • GO SUPER CHICKEN
    • View Profile
  • Bike: HONDA VTR1000F
  • Years Riding: 10
« Reply #3 on: 07/29/16 07:30PM »
the 2007 has an hydraulic clutch, i would try bleeding it first put some fresh fluid in there and go from there, if that doesnt work, then i would start looking in the clutch pack.

chicken
its easier to add horse power than it is to lose weight

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 35 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything