Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
Tasty Burger
« on: 12/04/16 04:59PM »
Tried to hit up GMR today closed had to settle for 39 to the lake :( But to save the day went to G-Burger in Irvine for some grub on the way home heard it was good and saw review on BurrowsBites this morning.  :7: they do a fine tasty burger. ummm ummm good.  :1:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
Re: Tasty Burger
« Reply #1 on: 12/04/16 05:04PM »
Tried to hit up GMR today closed had to settle for 39 to the lake :( But to save the day went to G-Burger in Irvine for some grub on the way home heard it was good and saw review on BurrowsBites this morning.  :7: they do a fine tasty burger. ummm ummm good.  :1:
I thought about doing GMR this morning, but settled on going down PCH to hit a few places for gifts and gift ideas for the wife. May have to try this place, although Irvine isn't exactly close to home. Maybe next time I'm in the area.

Was there a reason why GMR was closed?
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/04/16 05:06PM »
I think it was wind and fire danger because of the low humidity last couple of days.

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #3 on: 12/04/16 07:48PM »

I'd say G Burger is my favorite burger joint in OC, even better than In-n-Out, and even Slater's 50/50.  If you're up for a ride next week, I may be game, and another spot I've been wanting to try is Steak n' Shake in Aliso Viejo, I've tried the shake part, and it was very good!
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 02 VFR800 VTEC
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #4 on: 12/04/16 07:55PM »

I'd say G Burger is my favorite burger joint in OC, even better than In-n-Out, and even Slater's 50/50.  If you're up for a ride next week, I may be game, and another spot I've been wanting to try is Steak n' Shake in Aliso Viejo, I've tried the shake part, and it was very good!

If you haven't tried Deemers in Aliso, you need to!

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #5 on: 12/04/16 08:03PM »

Tried them, it was good, but I ordered a medium burger, and it came out medium well...  :4:
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #6 on: 12/04/16 08:16PM »

LOL! Fellow member Jozwah made us go to Steak n' Shake. When we did the AZ ride, he thought this place with a similar name was a Steak n' Shake but turned out to be a place called Steak & Cakes! He was disappointed but then was determined to find one we could go to. Apparently there's a few now in So Cal. now, the one in Aliso Viejo is the closest one that I'm aware of though.
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 02 VFR800 VTEC
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
« Reply #7 on: 12/04/16 11:17PM »

Tried them, it was good, but I ordered a medium burger, and it came out medium well...  :4:

I've actually sent one back because of that. They're the only local place I've found that knows what salt and pepper is though; it's like everyone forgets how to season beef.

Offline RedRider4Life

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RedRider4Life's Gallery
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 16 years
« Reply #8 on: 12/05/16 06:24PM »
Their name sake burger the "G-Burger" is huge and absolutely amazing worth of a 10 for sure. One of my other favorites is The Pocket Burger Shack in Seal Beach.

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/05/16 07:56PM »
Gonna have to give Deemers a try, Pocket burger shack looks interesting also. Tried Steak and Shake when they were new worst service I ever had but the shake was awesome, food was good too even if it wasn't what was ordered (after complaint food was free). Gotta try it again now that they have been around a while now.

Sam Harris

Offline FastMoto

• 749cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 05 Busa, 08 GSA
  • Years Riding: 12
« Reply #10 on: 12/05/16 10:09PM »
Anyone down to ride here and try it out? I hear good things

Dropped Pin
near 62-68 Jalama Beach Rd, Lompoc, CA 93436
https://goo.gl/maps/amF9aB4rQzE2

Offline VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
  • The Gentleman's Hooligan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 VFR800 2000 RC51
  • Years Riding: 33
« Reply #11 on: 12/06/16 09:58AM »
I did a solo ride to Jalama Beach and that burger was pretty tasty. The road getting there is a lot of fun as well. Bit of a goat trail in sections. Hopefully repaved. But yea i would be game to ride there again with company. Could tie hwy 33 166 and 150 for a nice big loop. :17:
98 VFR800
2000 RC51
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04/09/17 08:10PM »
Went to BossBurger in Lake Forest defiantly worth a try their grass fed beef make burgers that are indeed tasty  :3:

Sam Harris

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 50 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook