Topic: "Idiot Rider Demonstrates How To Make Road Rage Worse"  (Read 926 times)

Offline unknown (formally known as MyMTS1200 My848)

2018 Ducati SuperSport S
2013 Husqvarna TE449

Offline Rogue

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Rogue's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 CBR600RR; '07 VFR800
  • Years Riding: 20+ Years
Once again I'd like to see what happened before the video began.  What did the Mom in the car do to irritate the biker enough for him to get even with her by riding slow, brake checking, etc.  Having said that, I'm glad she's being charged and not the rider.  We talk about de-escalating road rage situations and blaming other riders for it.  Well, the Mom driving the car could have easily just de-escalated the situation, and even more important was she had a young child in the car.  She had more of a responsibility to do so. 

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
So, Rogue, when you are faced with a situation where somebody does something stupid in a car, and you are on your bike, what do you do?

It DOESN'T MATTER what the "mom with child" did to upset the rider. The rider is at a severe disadvantage, and it is up to the rider to keep themselves safe. You don't play chicken with a bulldozer when you are in a compact car, do you? So don't play chicken with any 4 wheeled vehicles when on a bike. Why? BECAUSE YOU WILL LOOSE EVERY TIME.

It's not about personal responsibility for "who should back down first" - I agree that it should not have happened, and yes the mother with a child "should" take the responsible action and back off rather than hurting someone. However, it's your life - ride like it means something to you, or someone will assume you don't want to keep living.

Offline Rogue

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Rogue's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 CBR600RR; '07 VFR800
  • Years Riding: 20+ Years
Rockrat, I'm not the perfect rider that you make yourself out to be.  I'm human with emotions and I'm subject to make mistakes when I'm under stress.  So please save it for the newbies!

I can't stand people who think they're so perfect that they feel they need to judge & lecture others.  Ride your own ride and I will ride mine.

Online VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
  • The Gentleman's Hooligan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 VFR800/ 2009 FZ1/ 2002 YZ425f
  • Years Riding: 33
I guess he showed her. No excuse for either of them they deserved each other.
99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Personally I don't ever feel the need to get "even" with anyone on the road, particularly when I'm on a motorcycle. Nothing is gained from it.

There are two things that I agree with what R0ckrat said, when on a motorcycle you're ultimately the one responsible for your safety, nobody else is. How you conduct yourself plays a huge part in that. The other is, picking your battles. Taking on someone in a much larger vehicle when on a motorcycle usually means you're going to get the sharp end of the stick. Regardless of who is "right", what does it matter if you end up in the hospital, or worse, in the morgue!
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Online VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
    • View Profile
Hormonal woman driver meets masoginist male rider. It's like foot massaging Marcello Wallace's wife in Pulp Fiction. It may have been a over reaction but you gotta expect a reaction.
99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
Both were wrong, we don't know what started this mess, a bike is damaged, someone is facing a day in court, and most disappointing, a child is learning how to make life decisions from a nutjob.

Rockrat does make a good point.  But consider this: Know what the difference between someone carrying a gun and an angry cager?  There is none!  Both can be deadly in the wrong hands.  At least seeing someone face-to-face you might be able to gauge his/her character, it's much more difficult to see a cager, and more so with dark, tinted windows.  As my old boss would say: "The stupid shall be punished." 

« Last Edit: 07/26/17 06:22PM by Throttle Chopper »
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline r0ckrat

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • r0ckrat's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • My rarely updated blog...
  • Bike: 2006 Suzuki SV650(n)
  • Years Riding: Since 6/4/2013
Rockrat, I'm not the perfect rider that you make yourself out to be.  I'm human with emotions and I'm subject to make mistakes when I'm under stress.  So please save it for the newbies!

I can't stand people who think they're so perfect that they feel they need to judge & lecture others.  Ride your own ride and I will ride mine.

I don't make myself out to be the perfect rider. But you said...
Well, the Mom driving the car could have easily just de-escalated the situation, and even more important was she had a young child in the car.  She had more of a responsibility to do so.
I hate it when people say "Well, the other person should have taken the high road."

I'm sorry you feel that I'm lecturing, and please, ride your own ride.

Offline Taino Warrior

If it me versus the car I would be in a disadvantage, I would l let the nutcase go by and move away to safety. In today society folks are getting more careless and care free on the roads with there vehicles.
« Last Edit: 07/30/17 10:07PM by Taino Warrior »

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 FZR600
Re: "Idiot Rider Demonstrates How To Make Road Rage Worse"
« Reply #10 on: 07/30/17 11:31PM »
well, sometimes we win...

I was splitting down the 405 in the carpool lane...single occupant dude in a pos 90's convertible (top down) hops into HOV lane over double yellow nearly side swiping me. I brake, no harm, no foul.

As I roll by, I look over, nod "no" and head off

the dude may have thought my DL650 was a cop bike, because he promptly hopped right out of the carpool lane as it went to broken white LOL
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Online VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: "Idiot Rider Demonstrates How To Make Road Rage Worse"
« Reply #11 on: 08/01/17 10:27AM »
A close friend of mine helped pull a woman from a burning car that a speeding motorcyclist crashed into. Both she and the rider were killed. My point is  guns cars and motorcycles can all be deadly weapons in the wrong hands.
Forget about retribution on a motorcycle. We have enough on our plates with out trying to punish stupid people.

99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 47 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook