Topic: Absolute Locksmith broke my top box. Can't believe it!  (Read 392 times)

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
  • I see what you did there.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 86 Vulcan 750, 98 VFR800 FI, 14 VFR800FE
  • Years Riding: Since Nov '11
So this is somewhat of a follow-up from my locksmith post. Took it to a decently rated one here in south OC called Absolute Locksmith. Long story short, they broke the top box, refuse to acknowledge it, nor do anything about it. They clearly put too much downward pressure on it while working on it. The guy who called me, Ben, was nothing but a loud, angry man-child who was obviously just trying to cover his own behind.

Nice to know my $450+ investment is now worthless structurally, and no longer waterproof (Honda OEM stuff isn't cheap.)

I plan to peruse this further.

Avoid these crooks.

Absolute Locksmith Inc
30057 Alicia Pkwy, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Offline harleyxlc

Bummer! Thanks for the heads up.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 FZR600
Damn sorry dude!

I swap a dozen locks a year on my rental when I get new tenants... definitely not going there!
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
Take those bastards to small claims court, especially if you have recent photos of the top box prior to damage.  You could blast them on social media too, but try court first.

Repair may be an option, a good epoxy and pressure applied in the right places could make the box water-tight again.  If the damage is in a structural area, then it's toast.

Good luck!
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: A quiet red truck.
  • Years Riding: 37, Years Training Riders: 15
Wow.  That sucks.  Small claims for sure.  Are they on yelp!?

Good luck,

J~
The first step toward learning much is recognizing that you have much to learn.

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
Wow.  That sucks.  Small claims for sure.  Are they on yelp!?

Good luck,

J~

Absolutely. My accounting is on Yelp as well as the owner's response (who had zero interaction with me nor my item.)

Screw these guys. I am going to be that annoying thorn in their side.

I probably wouldn't be as mad except for the fact the guy called and when my wife answered he was immediately yelling at her. This aggression will not stand, Man.

The owner response on yelp claims that you inspected the product at their location and then took it home. Was it in a hard to see place? I'm assuming you only noticed it after you got home? Were you given an opportunity to inspect it?

P.S. You should post pictures on yelp.

Offline thtanner

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thtanner's Gallery
    • View Profile
The owner response on yelp claims that you inspected the product at their location and then took it home. Was it in a hard to see place? I'm assuming you only noticed it after you got home? Were you given an opportunity to inspect it?

P.S. You should post pictures on yelp.

The wife picked it up and only looked at the places they worked on for damage to the paint (around the keyhole,) she didn't flip it over to inspect the bottom or anything. As soon as she got home I gave the box a real good once over and there it was.

Didn't see that I could put pictures on yelp, so I definitely will. (edit: just did.) I put them on the Google review.

The fact the guy started the conversation yelling says to me he's hiding something.  It also crossed a line.
« Last Edit: 07/27/17 03:37PM by thtanner »

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 40 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook