Topic: Ride: Saturday, September 2nd  (Read 1571 times)

Offline FastMoto

• 749cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 05 Busa, 08 GSA
  • Years Riding: 12
Re: Ride: Saturday, September 2nd
« Reply #20 on: 09/01/17 03:48PM »
No need to hit the gym tomorrow, sweat it out on a motorcycle ride!!!

No doubt about it, it's gonna be warm tomorrow. Planning on stopping every 100 miles or so for gas and more importantly, water.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
« Reply #21 on: 09/01/17 05:55PM »
No need to hit the gym tomorrow, sweat it out on a motorcycle ride!!!

No doubt about it, it's gonna be warm tomorrow. Planning on stopping every 100 miles or so for gas and more importantly, water.

I did a long road trip a couple of weeks ago, and it hit 103 in Bakersfield riding through.  Best practice is to wear a moisture-wicking shirt, and a textile jacket that ventilates well to minimize evaporation and drink water at about 20 oz/hour.  Have fun, I'll be sitting by the pool this weekend!  8)
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #22 on: 09/02/17 12:09PM »
It's noon wunderground tells me it's 107 in Ojai sure by glad I had to work late last night. You 2 are real riders I bow to your Moto dedication :17:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline Rd Todd

• 599cc
  • Rd Todd's Gallery
  • The Huntington Hillbilly
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 03 Wr450 plated, 76 Rd 400, 78 Yz250, 79 Yz 125, 78 Yz100,
  • Years Riding: Cant remember
« Reply #23 on: 09/02/17 03:51PM »
It's noon wunderground tells me it's 107 in Ojai sure by glad I had to work late last night. You 2 are real riders I bow to your Moto dedication :17:
I think even Kota would give them props!
Bikers are good people!

Offline FastMoto

• 749cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09/02/17 06:38PM »
Yup, that was a wholelotta hotness today. To put it into perspective, drank 4 bottles of water, 3 bottles of Gatorade....never once did I have to pee, and I have a small bladder.

Kinda sucks my riding availability opened up in the middle of a heatwave, but it was good time nonetheless. Nice to get out of OC for a bit...but we had to lanesplit from basically Westwood all the way to Carson on the way home, 405 blows so bad.

Thanks for braving the heat with me Rouge. You ride that mighty DR650 like a champl!!! 300+miles on a thumper....much props.

Speaking of thumper....Rouge and I were thinking of raging LA streets on our thumpers sometime in Oct. Filter through LA streets, hit up some sights and eats, and thump it in LA for the day.

Offline Rogue

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Rogue's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 CBR600RR; '07 VFR800
  • Years Riding: 20+ Years
« Reply #25 on: 09/02/17 07:22PM »
Yeah it was a hot day!  The morning was warm but nice.  I really love this route because it goes through lot of empty roads.  Lockwood Valley Road rocks!  Really a nice road for all kinds of bikes with great scenery, and nobody but us on it.  The two trucks we encountered pulled over.  Then there's iconic Hwy 33--always a treat in this area.  Great sport bike road.  Lunch at the Jolly Kona in Ojai was just a perfect motorcycle destination on this ride.  Nice and quiet corner of a quaint neighborhood.  I'll have to give them a great Yelp review.

Here's a picture of the bikes on Sand Canyon junction.  Clearly, Fastmoto's superbike of adventure bikes, the 1190, is just the right bike for this ride.  Fast and powerful yet very comfortable with the full compliment of long distance equipment!  When the road opened up that KTM was gone like an F/A-18 Superhornet taking off from the deck of a carrier!  Whoosh!  I felt like I was on turboprop chasing a jet!

We stopped at a shady spot near the junction of Lockwood Valley Road and Hwy 33.  In the shade with a nice breeze, life was good.  Days like these are to be remembered.

On the way back on the 101 in Calabasas my ambient temperature gauge read 107!!!  I couldn't even open my shield to get some fresh air because that air was like opening the door to a hot oven hitting my face!  On the freeway Fastmoto lived up to his name, moving like a stealth fighter amongst the sea of cars and leaving them all behind.  Going up the long grades on the 101 near Thousand Oaks, that big KTM just kept pulling away leaving the cars struggling up the grade with their AC on full blast for sure.  I don't believe that 1190 even felt the long uphill climb.  My DR650 was like....c'mon little thumper the crest is just over that rise!  LOL! 

What a great Labor Day weekend ride! 

Offline FastMoto

• 749cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09/04/17 11:48AM »
It was hot but good thing we didn't ride yesterday. Saw some footage of the intense winds and rain in the areas we were in....that would have been a serious bummer.

Offline Rogue

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Rogue's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 CBR600RR; '07 VFR800
  • Years Riding: 20+ Years
« Reply #27 on: 09/04/17 12:08PM »
Today would been a great day to ride....much cooler!  LOL!

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Ninja 1000; '16 Tuono RR; '03 RM65 mini sumo; '08 R6 Track bike
  • Years Riding: Sport Bike: Fri 6/13/08 :)
« Reply #28 on: 09/05/17 09:48AM »

Nice!  It was indeed very hot this weekend.  I did a track day on Sunday and was absolutely destroyed by the end of the day.  Too much for my euro blood LOL

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 42 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything