Topic: The dirt bike thread!  (Read 121878 times)

Offline FastMoto

• 749cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 05 Busa, 08 GSA
  • Years Riding: 12
Re: The dirt bike thread!
« Reply #1300 on: 09/28/17 07:26AM »
Time to fix up my dual-sport and get it ready.

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 FZR600
« Reply #1301 on: 09/28/17 01:48PM »
Desert season is coming...

I am also trying to surf/ski/desert ride in the same day this winter!
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 10/02/17 04:40PM »
Just dropped off WR transmission to the shop...they said they'd start it "in the next couple days"

Short of splitting the cases myself and bringing cleaned up case halves with the crankshaft out ready for a rebuild like, I am not sure what else I can do to make it easier for the work to get done...they originally said 2-3 weeks from the time I dropped it off, but that usually means they start it 1-2 weeks later and takes an extra 1-2 weeks to finish it

Here's to hoping they can get it done within 1 month and be done by November 4th weekend for a shake down run...

In the mean time I will get the rest worked on short of the motor

But honestly I am losing a little steam for upgrades...$400 shock + $500 ported cylinder + $200 Baja designs LED headlamp is kind of "meh" to me...Kinda just want a solid bottom end for sure, use my good top end, fresh chain/sprockets/brakes with everything working properly, and maybe budget the shock and ported cylinder next year

Let me get a running bike first. Let's start going on rides as I save up for mods. Already getting a WR gearbox so it will already feel like a new bike :hellyeah:

Also the landwhale bearings got me thinking about about maybe R&R all the bearings on the YZ as well. Next year.

Offline Rogue

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Rogue's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 CBR600RR; '07 VFR800
  • Years Riding: 20+ Years
« Reply #1303 on: 10/02/17 08:10PM »
I upgraded my DR headlight bulb to a 3800 lumen LED and the result was Meh....at low beam.  Very good at high beam.  I plan to just replace the whole headlight with a true LED unit but I'm waiting for a bracket made by someone who plans to sell to the public.  I briefly considered the Baja Designs lights but they're mainly for dirt bike conversions. 

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 10/10/17 11:39AM »
yup...also tried the LED bulb...it also burned out pretty quickly and somehow shorted the rest of the lighting system LOL

I just added the $13 LED light from amazon...amazing flood visibility too!

GOOD NEWS: got a call from the shop yesterday!

they finally got around to splitting the cases and taking a look inside:
-minus the crank/bearings/debris - everything on the inside looked good. Cases are saved!
-the WR transmission parts appear to be in good shape as well - hopefully we have all the parts we need to drop them in
-the crankshaft does need to be mailed out for a rebuild (pretty sure last mechanic said they're unavailable anyways)

their estimated turn around is roughly 2 more weeks...so bike *may* be done by the November 4th weekend for a shakedown run!

bad news is my work schedule may not accommodate for me to get the whole weekend off...I may only do LAB2V day one...LA-> barstow...bummer.

on the other hand, I'm spending WAY less doing this my way right now. I saved $500ish by dropping off the bottom end out of the bike for a rebuild and I will save another $400 just by doing day 1 (day 2 is $150 but then add Vegas hotel + gas)

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #1305 on: 10/10/17 05:41PM »
I'm sure the girls at Treasures will find a good use of that extra $900  :31:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 36 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything