Topic: SUV and pickup truck paint shop  (Read 1360 times)

Offline bikerydr

SUV and pickup truck paint shop
« on: 01/19/18 02:49PM »
I am looking to get 2 vehicles painted (2-stage, since they are not garaged), no color change and just minor dents. Any recommendations in the OC?

Rogue

Re: SUV and pickup truck paint shop
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/18 04:43PM »
I know someone who did my truck (removed dents, scratches, and a simple re-spray; as well as added a spray on bedliner).  He also does paintless dent repair.  He did a really good job considering I had a very limited budget.  He owns his own shop in the OC and that helps in lowering his overhead costs.  He did a great enough job that I felt compelled to give him 5 stars on Yelp!

Lots of these shops, specially in south OC will ask an arm and a leg thinking YOU are an insurance company willing to pay $5k+ for a re-spray!

Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you his info.

Offline bikerydr

« Reply #2 on: 01/20/18 06:40AM »
PM sent...

Rogue

« Reply #3 on: 01/21/18 08:11AM »
The name of the place is called Royal Solutions Auto in Rancho Santa Margarita. You can also look him up on Yelp. Heís averaging 5 Stars. He can come to your home for minor repairs. But he will also do re-sprays. He also fixed my rear bumper for a reasonable price. Other places wanted to replace the whole rear bumper for $2k!!! Apparently most places donít like to fix steel bumpers because itís too difficult.

Read his Yelp reviews so you can get a more complete picture of his work.

Offline testrider1

• 125cc
  • testrider1's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Yamaha FJR-1300A, ex-Honda CBR-1100XX
  • Years Riding: 20
« Reply #4 on: 01/21/18 10:47AM »
Saw this post and thought my 2003 4Runner can use a respray soon :-)
Thanks for the info.  What's "2-stage" paint? 2 coats? Mine is also parked outside and not garaged.

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMW R1200R, Triumph Bonneville
  • Years Riding: 10 years
« Reply #5 on: 01/21/18 11:45AM »
Two stage is base coat and clear coat. This is how cars have been painted from factories since the late 80s in most cases. A one stage would be an acrylic enamel or similar. Most cheap places like Maaco repaint in single stage for their low cost paint jobs that are advertised for $299 or so. Doesnít give as glossy a finish in most cases.
Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Rogue

« Reply #6 on: 01/21/18 02:00PM »
Here is the link to the Royal Solutions Auto:  https://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-solutions-auto-rancho-santa-margarita-3

Offline VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
  • The Gentleman's Hooligan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 VFR800/ 2009 FZ1/ 2002 YZ425f
  • Years Riding: 33
« Reply #7 on: 01/21/18 02:54PM »
I have a Nissan Maxima with almost perfect bodywork that just need a respray of gloss white. What kind of $$ are we talking. Want to give it to my son. Paid $1700 for it.
99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F

Rogue

« Reply #8 on: 01/21/18 05:44PM »
When I got my truck body repaired, with a simple re-spray in certain places, I consulted with about 5 different body shops all over the OC.  The estimates ranged from a high of $5k, to a very low $1k, which included body repairs and touch ups.  What I learned was one REALLY needs to show these people YOUR vehicle first (don't take phone estimates via smartphone pictures).  In addition, you REALLY need to do your leg work and talk to at least 3 people.  Most importantly, know EXACTLY what you want and expect. 

You want showroom-like paint, that's going to cost you thousands. 
You want all dents removed, and deep gouges repaired, that's all extra. 
If you have a budget of $1k, be realistic as to what you will get.

The best people are the ones that can give you the best work given your budget. 

I chose Royal Solutions because I spoke to the owner, Bryon, and he was the most honest, up front dude after talking to a bunch of others.  He didn't disappoint.  Did I get showroom quality paint?  No but it was damn close!  Bryon only suggested repairs that my truck needed and he was willing to work with me on my steel bumper, instead of telling me to go get a new one!  This guy truly did save me a couple of thousand $$ and gave me exactly what I was looking for on my truck...nothing more, nothing less.  BTW, Bryon and his son does the work.  He does not subcontract the work out to someone else.  I say give Royal Solutions a call and get a realistic estimate after he's looked over your ride.  But remember he's in Rancho Santa Margarita.  He's willing to drive to a customer for estimates but not sure how far. 

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
« Reply #9 on: 01/21/18 09:40PM »
Oh man did I hate this process...much ass kissing and "best job I've ever done" and WANT A DONUT OR WATER? (can you just sign that the work was done to your satisfaction?") HOW'S THAT DONUT

dirt/sand stuck to the paint everywhere..."oh it'll buff out"...2 hour wait to buff it, and it's still there..."yeah it was there from before...that door was not on the repair estimate (can you sign please?).

F no...luckily I had pics of the door from before the repair...then another month later when I come to inspect the re-do carefully I am getting so much attitude like I am wasting the guys' time...wtf... wasn't even my fault in the accident...car was parked when it got hit LOL
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline VFRCapt.Bob

• 599cc
  • VFRCapt.Bob's Gallery
  • The Gentleman's Hooligan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1998 VFR800/ 2009 FZ1/ 2002 YZ425f
  • Years Riding: 33
« Reply #10 on: 01/22/18 10:08AM »
Took another look at my kids 2000 Maxima. Paint looks ok from 85 feet. Maybe a rattle can job and save my cash for the transmission work. What was i thinking?  :o
99 VFR800
2009 FZ1
2001 YZ426F

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 38 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook