Topic: I forgot why my temp readout flashes until this morning...  (Read 479 times)

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMW R1200R, Triumph Bonneville
  • Years Riding: 10 years
Because it's cold! My temp hit 31.9 in Santiago Canyon on the way to work this morning. I forgot that the readout starts flashing around 34 as an ice warning. I saw a guy coming the other way, hunched over, I think he had one hand on his engine to keep warm.
Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
Because it's cold! My temp hit 31.9 in Santiago Canyon on the way to work this morning. I forgot that the readout starts flashing around 34 as an ice warning. I saw a guy coming the other way, hunched over, I think he had one hand on his engine to keep warm.
Well the temps did drop that's for sure but we still have it better than most places across the country. With the right gear, we can still have an enjoyable ride and stay dry! Ironically, the coldest I've ridden so far has been in Malibu! Coming through one of the canyons, my temp gauge read 27F! I was really worried about black as that something you won't see until it's too late. Ride safe and stay warm!
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline FastMoto

• 998cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 05 Busa, 08 GSA
  • Years Riding: 12
Froze my ass off too this morning. My bike gave me a ice warning while I was on the 133. When I got the office, I had to warm up my hands on a cup of coffee before heading into the bathroom for a pee.

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
Well I have to admit it I puss'd out this morning just didn't want to take on the mid 30's. There is no hang head in shame emoji but if there I would use it  :34:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Ninja 1000; '16 Tuono RR; '03 RM65 mini sumo; '08 R6 Track bike
  • Years Riding: Sport Bike: Fri 6/13/08 :)

Definitely chilly.  Luckily I rode in later today, so the sun was already warming things up.

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 39 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything