Topic: off topic ☆☆ I hear people wanting to retire in Thailand , I now want to vist .  (Read 798 times)

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
This is a good of a place to get my intelligence . I have met alot of cool ocmoto fellow riders and can someone give me the low down about the question ?
I would think some Asian ridder might inform me .
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Rogue

Iíve been to SE Asia....people are very friendly to Americans. And the women, I should say girls, they sure love American men! I remember seeing quite a lot of American older men with young Asian girls. I donít know if they got paid to be with their man or not. But it is HOT & super humid. Lots of bugs. BIG ugly bugs. Traffic SUCKS!! Itís a free for all in traffic in the cities. Smog, lots of smog. But living expenses are cheap. REALLY cheap. Someone with a decent Social Security would do well over there. I heard the Philippines is better because English is their second language and signs are in English. The women there are also a bit better looking if thatís a plus to you. Well some of them. LOL! Theyíre also mostly Catholic if thatís another consideration to you. Lots of American ex-pats in the Philippines from the US Military bases there. But if youíve never been to SEA, visit first. You will see things that will blow your mind...good and bad. You will withness appalling scenes too. If youíre ex-military and have been deployed in the past it might not be anything new to witness. All depends. The best SEA country with outstanding law and order, cleanliness, security, happy people, is Singapore. They also speak English.

Offline FastMoto

• 998cc
  • FastMoto's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 05 Busa, 08 GSA
  • Years Riding: 12
What questions would you like to know about Thailand? I'm not Thai but I travel to the region (Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia) on a semi-regular basis for work (used to be on a very regular basis) and have spent a considerable time there.  I have quite a bit of personal connections established there from my travels, understand the pros/cons of the culture and region.

I suggest you visit there for a period of time to check out the environment, climate, people and culture before committing. As a US Citizen, you are granted a 30-day automatic visa upon arrival, so extended trips there is easy.

Offline Throttle Chopper

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Throttle Chopper's Gallery
  • "UNOFFICIAL" ride posting host (L/S)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '16 BMW S1000R, '00 Honda XR400R Plated, '14 S1000RR (RIP), '13 Triumph Speed Triple (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 30
I've spent time in Phuket, Thailand and it was a great experience.  Nice resort area, hotels/resorts are cheap, and the roads through the jungle were perfectly fine and even better than some LA roads!  I've also been to Singapore a couple of times.  It's a clean city, but I hear having a motorcycle there is expensive and it's very easy to get around that town using their rail system which reminded me of BART in the Bay Area.  My favorite city in SE Asia has to be Hong Kong, another city you can get around speaking English and it's both very modern and very scenic from the harbor or from Victoria Peak.
Every day is ride to work day!

Offline H-2 Charlie

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • H-2 Charlie's Gallery
  • THE BADDEST BIKE ON THE PLANET
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Beemer S1K
so far great info guys .
MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

Offline Organic

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
Naah...I'd visit there but not retire there

Went in 2008...did my wheelie on the other side of the world though on a scooter LOL
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 40 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything