Topic: Born Free Show- did you go today?  (Read 350 times)

Offline The Cycle Guy

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • The Cycle Guy's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 675, DT-50
  • Years Riding: 40+
Born Free Show- did you go today?
« on: 06/23/18 05:10PM »
I haven't been to the Born Free show for a couple of years.  I'm thinking of going tomorrow (Sunday).

Did anyone go Saturday?  How was it?

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMW R1200R, Triumph Bonneville
  • Years Riding: 10 years
Re: Born Free Show- did you go today?
« Reply #1 on: 06/24/18 11:29PM »
My wife and I went today. I hadnít been in a few years. Pretty fun if you like Harleys. Lots of vendors, bikes, people and music. Funny thing... my wife wanted to hike today, so we walked to Born Free from the Albertsons on Chapman and Jamboree. With all of the bikes that pass through the canyon, I found tons of Harley parts along the side of the road that had rattled off of motorcycles. Mostly Harley foot pegs. Quite a few chrome trim pieces, some emblems and a license plate complete with a side mount bracket.

I was wearing a Triumph shirt and got a few thimbs up from passing Thruxtons.
Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Offline aesthetic

« Reply #2 on: 06/25/18 09:11AM »
My wife and I went today. I hadnít been in a few years. Pretty fun if you like Harleys. Lots of vendors, bikes, people and music. Funny thing... my wife wanted to hike today, so we walked to Born Free from the Albertsons on Chapman and Jamboree. With all of the bikes that pass through the canyon, I found tons of Harley parts along the side of the road that had rattled off of motorcycles. Mostly Harley foot pegs. Quite a few chrome trim pieces, some emblems and a license plate complete with a side mount bracket.

I was wearing a Triumph shirt and got a few thimbs up from passing Thruxtons.

Goodness that's a long walk. How many miles did that end up being? We didn't go to the show but we rode through there around 2pm from Cooks (coming toward Chapman/Jamboree). May have even crossed paths.

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/26/18 08:36AM »
It was probably a little over two miles each way to get there, but it was a long way in from the road to get to the show. My wife and I hike a lot, so it was no big deal, except that the decision to walk rather than drive was made while we were on the way, so I wasn't prepared... I was wearing the wrong shoes and a hipster flat cap, so minimal protection for my bald head. I ended up buying a helmet at the show but didn't have the cash (there was no signal in there for most vendors to take credit cards), so after we got back to the car, I grabbed some cash and we drove back to pick it up. I forgot to clock the distance in the car.

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/27/18 12:39AM »
At the show, I talked with a guy from a company called Himalayan Heroes. They do adventure riding trips to Nepal for ďthe working guyĒ, with trips starting around two grand, less airfare. Iíve always wanted to do a Moto Quest trip but they are way too expensive. Seriously thinking about this. I have a friend who rode an Enfield through India years ago and said it was awesome.

Offline aesthetic

« Reply #5 on: 06/27/18 08:51AM »
It was probably a little over two miles each way to get there, but it was a long way in from the road to get to the show. My wife and I hike a lot, so it was no big deal, except that the decision to walk rather than drive was made while we were on the way, so I wasn't prepared... I was wearing the wrong shoes and a hipster flat cap, so minimal protection for my bald head. I ended up buying a helmet at the show but didn't have the cash (there was no signal in there for most vendors to take credit cards), so after we got back to the car, I grabbed some cash and we drove back to pick it up. I forgot to clock the distance in the car.

Unless I'm missing something, I think it's closer to 5 or 6 miles each way. Maybe you took some sort of trail that cut out alot of distance? My wife and I met a similar company at the Long Beach Progressive Show a few years back, called Celtic Riders. An Ireland (and possible Isle of Man TT) tour has been on our list ever since... just checked the site though and the pricing is higher than I recall. In regards to the Himalayan trip, that sounds pretty incredible. I'll actually be there in March next year, but I'll be on foot headed to EBC from Kathmandu. Really looking forward to it!

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/27/18 06:56PM »
Holy cow I think you’re right. 5.4 miles one way. No wonder my feet and sunburn still hurt. At least I got a cool helmet.
« Last Edit: 06/27/18 07:17PM by Gone in 60 »

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 43 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything