Topic: School me on cheapest OC apartment hunting  (Read 562 times)

Online breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
School me on cheapest OC apartment hunting
« on: 05/15/18 10:14AM »
1.) are all 1br apartments $1,600ish and up with $100ish/year increases?
2.) I want to be close to bake parkway and either the 405 or 5 freeways for work - No farther south than lake forest...any other target areas besides Santa Ana (also ridiculous priced) or south coast metro?
3.) where else to look besides Craigslist/trulia/Hotpads?
4.) are prices to rent a room near spectrum REALLY around $1,000-$1.200/month !?! Seems like a lot to share
5.) what are my living options if this is what my needs are: private room for bed, dresser, bathroom, sink, small fridge, basic hand tools, surf board, motorcycle cases. All cooking can bbe done on a single burner or hot plate (Mostly oatmeal/eggs). The rest I crock pot, microwave, coffee pot, or use a rice cooker. I really like having a consistent truck parking spot at home when I work late. For moto I would like a spot/shed/off street spot for my dirt bike and hopefully a place to work on it. If that is off the table I can always leave it at my rental property...but itís way nicer if it is closer. Being close to spectrum means OC dirt riding is 25-30 mins away.
6.) goal: my rentals will cash flow positive a few hundred a month by this summer. I am hoping to use them to entirely cover my living/apartment costs as long as I can find a place in OC thatís under a grand per month. I also found private owners were less likely to increase rents if they like you.

I am also in my mid 30ís...ideally I donít want to get roommates anymore. So occasionally I will see ads to rent an in-law apartment or Separate entrance bedroom/bath with kitchenette...although those rarely have parking. I found living alone has a premium

Did I cover everything?
« Last Edit: 05/15/18 11:26AM by breakdirt916 »
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Ninja 1000; '16 Tuono RR; '03 RM65 mini sumo; '08 R6 Track bike
  • Years Riding: Sport Bike: Fri 6/13/08 :)
Re: School me on OC apartment hunting
« Reply #1 on: 05/15/18 10:56AM »

If you find a 1 bedroom apt for $1,600 these days, you're probably doing ok.  Real estate/rent is crazy high again. 

If I were in the market, I'd try to find a room in a house with a retired person; typically well priced and you have a whole house at your disposal.

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
Re: School me on cheapest OC apartment hunting
« Reply #2 on: 05/15/18 11:43AM »
Can't help with rental insight, but I have a 1 bed condo going on the market very soon :30:
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesnít value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesnít value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
« Reply #3 on: 05/15/18 07:46PM »
Can't help with rental insight, but I have a 1 bed condo going on the market very soon :30:
If he doesn't want dibs I'd be interested in the info. Location/specs/price/when available
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Offline Rd Todd

• 599cc
  • Rd Todd's Gallery
  • The Huntington Hillbilly
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 03 Wr450 plated, 76 Rd 400, 78 Yz250, 79 Yz 125, 78 Yz100,
  • Years Riding: Cant remember
« Reply #4 on: 05/15/18 07:51PM »
I have a furnished bedroom with no bike parking no kitchen that rents for $600 a month, Get a shop build a build a bedroom and pyt $1,600 or so WELCOME to California!
« Last Edit: 05/15/18 09:05PM by Rd Todd »
Bikers are good people!

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #5 on: 05/16/18 08:48AM »
1 bed 1 1/2 bath two story nobody above or below 983 sqft, bedroom has a extra little corner makes a great spot for computer and desk, large 2 car (1 car 6 bikes) garage. Lake Forest Trabuco and EL Toro. Cleaning and fixing couple of small problems trying to be ready to put on market 3 weeks or so. Haven't got a appraisal but expecting $370,000 maybe has original kitchen now so new owner may want to remodel it so may have to let it go for $350,000 but the market is strong so it may not be as big a hit as I am assuming.

"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesnít value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesnít value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Online breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/21/18 02:02PM »
1 bed 1 1/2 bath two story nobody above or below 983 sqft, bedroom has a extra little corner makes a great spot for computer and desk, large 2 car (1 car 6 bikes) garage. Lake Forest Trabuco and EL Toro. Cleaning and fixing couple of small problems trying to be ready to put on market 3 weeks or so. Haven't got a appraisal but expecting $370,000 maybe has original kitchen now so new owner may want to remodel it so may have to let it go for $350,000 but the market is strong so it may not be as big a hit as I am assuming.

Very interesting! I will have to look into that

Online breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/21/18 02:05PM »
I have a furnished bedroom with no bike parking no kitchen that rents for $600 a month, Get a shop build a build a bedroom and pyt $1,600 or so WELCOME to California!

Thatís a good price! HB traffic down the 405 between golden west and magnolia is my problem...and a more around 55/Irvine...clears up past university drive tho

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 40 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything