Topic: Why do I ride,Because science.  (Read 645 times)

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
Why do I ride,Because science.
« on: 01/19/19 10:03AM »
Here is a short article that points to a study that shows what we all know, taking a ride makes you feel better. As soon as I walk the dogs Im going for a ride   :31: :17:

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/301693/science-proves-riding-a-motorcycle-is-good-for-you-seriously/
"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
Re: Why do I ride,Because science.
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/19 01:26PM »
of course it does. that's why i need to ride to work.
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Offline breakdirt916

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • breakdirt916's Gallery
  • learning to ride dirt
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 Yamaha YZ250 07 Suzuki DL650
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/19 01:48PM »
Man, today? Perfect temps and little traffic this AM...I was tempted to leave work and just ride lol
FREE $15 UBER CREDIT PROMO CODE: pon41

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/19 08:16PM »
pretty much every day, no matter the weather I just want to ride past the exit and keep going
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
« Reply #4 on: 01/20/19 03:06PM »
Those of us who’ve been riding for several decades I believe knew this way back when...
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline thepretender

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • thepretender's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 S1000R, 2002 VFR
  • Years Riding: Never enough.
« Reply #5 on: 01/20/19 04:21PM »
We know it intuitively but without hard studies with evidence to back them up we can't "know it" beyond a personal feeling. No matter how grounded in reality it seems to be perhaps with such studies we can see more motorcyclist on the road instead of less.

"The ride IS the destination..." OOTV

If at first you don't succeed, chuck it all in and go for a ride!

"If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it?"
"If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"
Sam Harris

Offline RickRacer

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RickRacer's Gallery
  • Winner - 2013 Summer Odometer Challenge ;)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '08 Triumph Sprint ST 1050, '97 CBR 900RR, '88 Yamaha FZ750
  • Years Riding: 46 years
« Reply #6 on: 01/31/19 05:35PM »
My bike has been in the shop getting the engine rebuilt for 2 months (parts for a 2008 Triumph engine are not readily available off the shelf), having to drive the 40 miles to work (which includes Ortega) leaves me much more tense and aggravated with people in cars, who I would normally be able to ride around.  And I do notice I usually only think about riding when doing so, all the other distractions of life are put aside.  Supposed to be done next week, YAY!

BTW, have to say I'm quite happy with my Triumph, having put over 120,000 miles on it in 7 years, and thankful for the extended warranty I bought which still has 6 months left on it.  Actually very few issues.  Then engine was feeling a bit tired and the ring lands finally broke on 1 cylinder.  Unfortunately the warranty only covered that one piston and cylinder and teardown.  Love the bike, so I went for a complete rebuild, the extra 3k out of my pocket is a lot cheaper than any new, or newer used bike, and if I can get another 120k out of it, I'll be a happy guy!

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 39, Years Training Riders: 17
« Reply #7 on: 02/01/19 07:42AM »
My bike has been in the shop getting the engine rebuilt for 2 months (parts for a 2008 Triumph engine are not readily available off the shelf), having to drive the 40 miles to work (which includes Ortega) leaves me much more tense and aggravated with people in cars, who I would normally be able to ride around.  And I do notice I usually only think about riding when doing so, all the other distractions of life are put aside.  Supposed to be done next week, YAY!

BTW, have to say I'm quite happy with my Triumph, having put over 120,000 miles on it in 7 years, and thankful for the extended warranty I bought which still has 6 months left on it.  Actually very few issues.  Then engine was feeling a bit tired and the ring lands finally broke on 1 cylinder.  Unfortunately the warranty only covered that one piston and cylinder and teardown.  Love the bike, so I went for a complete rebuild, the extra 3k out of my pocket is a lot cheaper than any new, or newer used bike, and if I can get another 120k out of it, I'll be a happy guy!

Wow, Rick.  That's cool.  Crash free miles, too.

Ride on,

J~
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 45 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything