Topic: 2010 Street Triple slow leak  (Read 514 times)

Offline Fredhsu

• 599cc
  • Fredhsu's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple
  • Years Riding: Since 2012
2010 Street Triple slow leak
« on: 03/14/19 12:54PM »
Anyone know why my street triple has a slow coolant drip whenever it sits for a few days? I had a 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 and it never did that... I have attached pictures of where it drips. I find it in between the bottom screw of the stator cover and hose. Thanks for your help!  :49:
« Last Edit: 03/14/19 12:56PM by Fredhsu »

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Matilda the Ninja 250
  • Years Riding: 39, Years Training Riders: 17
Re: 2010 Street Triple slow leak
« Reply #1 on: 03/15/19 08:26AM »
My Ninja does that sometimes.  I'd check the hose clamps for tightness and probably loosen them wiggle the hose around a little and then tighten them back up.  The pipe on the right should have an o-ring where it goes into the case.  I'd replace it if the problem persists.  That's the problem with my Ninja, I'm just too lazy to fix it yet.

Ride on,

J~
“The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Fredhsu

• 599cc
  • Fredhsu's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 Street Triple
  • Years Riding: Since 2012
Re: 2010 Street Triple slow leak
« Reply #2 on: 03/15/19 11:35AM »
My Ninja does that sometimes.  I'd check the hose clamps for tightness and probably loosen them wiggle the hose around a little and then tighten them back up.  The pipe on the right should have an o-ring where it goes into the case.  I'd replace it if the problem persists.  That's the problem with my Ninja, I'm just too lazy to fix it yet.

Ride on,

J~

Got it. Thank you !!

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 34 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything