Topic: Motowearhouse in Corona  (Read 317 times)

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB1100, Triumph Bonneville
  • Years Riding: 11 years
Motowearhouse in Corona
« on: 03/18/19 09:46AM »
Visited Motowearhouse (note the spelling... wear, not ware) in Corona. www.motowearhouse.com in Corona yesterday. Not sure how many people here are familiar with the place. I stumbled on it on Craig's looking for something, and he had some jackets listed.

Randy, the guy who runs the place, is a cool dude. He has a decent amount of new gear in his showroom - helmets, boots, jackets and gloves. But, he also takes in used gear (no helmets), and once you agree on a value, you can use it toward credit for stuff in his shop. I remember Yellow Devil gear in Long Beach, which sold consignment gear, and this is similar, but rather than waiting until the stuff sells and getting a check, you can agree on a value up front, and take store credit.

I had a few jackets in my closet that I hadn't worn, and had forgotten about. Took them to Randy, and after we negotiated, I traded them and a little cash on a new helmet. He's also looking for gear donations if anyone has anything they just don't need anymore.

He's a "if I don't have it, I can get it" kind of guy. Most of the helmets in his shop are basic black, because, as he puts it, that's what sells. I like more visibility, so he ordered me a white one and says I'll have it tomorrow.

Here endeth the public service announcement!

Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Offline OOTV

• Advisory Board
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • OOTV's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR800 (2001&2009) Ducati 900SS/SP (1995)
  • Years Riding: 30yrs.
Re: Motowearhouse in Corona
« Reply #1 on: 03/18/19 12:01PM »
Yeah, a couple of us on a ride to Borrego Springs ran into him at the Elsinore side of Ortega Highway in the parking lot just at the end of Ortega. This was just before he opened up the store front in Corona or maybe right at the same time I think. At that time, he had a surplus of Scorpion gear if I recall correctly but he was telling us their intentions and looks like his venture has taken a foot hold. Good to know that they do consignment and credit for stuff you want to sell.
“You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave...”

Offline Gone in 60

• 599cc
  • Gone in 60's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB1100, Triumph Bonneville
  • Years Riding: 11 years
« Reply #2 on: 03/18/19 12:17PM »
His helmet lineup is heavy on Scorpion and LS2, but he has some Shoeis and other brands as well. The jacket mix is pretty varied, as a lot of those are consignments.
« Last Edit: 03/18/19 12:33PM by Gone in 60 »
Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Offline 1fastrider

• AFFATT: All Flip Flops All The Time!
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • 1fastrider's Gallery
  • I only have to be faster than 1 person....
    • View Profile
    • Elite Riders
  • Bike: '17 S1000RR, '14 675R
  • Years Riding: 100 yrs
« Reply #3 on: 03/31/19 08:36PM »
will have to check it out sometime
If you are offended by my posts that's your problem

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 37 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything