Linked Events   |   7 Attendees

Topic: Ortega, De Luz, Sandia Creek, Ortega & Santiago - Saturday August 28, 10:00 am  (Read 5567 times)

Offline Jerome Daoust

• 749cc
  • Jerome Daoust's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Expanding Knowledge
  • Bike: 2009 Honda CBR 1000RR C-ABS
  • Years Riding: Started in 1980
WHEN: Saturday August 28, at 10:00 am (KSU time, so arrive before)
MEET: Mobil at the corner of Main & MacArthur (see map link below)
ROUTE: See map below
SKILL LEVEL: Noobie, Intermediate, Expert*

187 miles and about 4.5 hour riding (not counting stops).
It should be a cool day, following this week's heatwave.

Map of the route   <-- Click me.
Point A: Start and gas station: Mobil at the corner of Main & MacArthur.
Point B: Gas station: Chevron on Ortega, on East side of 5 Fwy. 2nd meetup location: Be here before 10:20 am and wait for me.
Point C: Hells Kitchen. 10 min stop. 3rd meetup location: Be here before 10:45 am and wait for me.
   The loop North of fallbrook is done in an anti-clockwise manner. Highlight: De Luz rd.
Point D: Gas station: Shell in Fallbrook.
Point E: Lunch break: Denny's.
Point F (same as point C): Hells Kitchen. 10 min stop.
Point G: End: Denny's close to the 5 Fwy and Red Hill.

************* Skill Levels Defined:
Noobie -You have been riding your motorcycle for at least 3 months (hopefully more) and have confidence that you can ride around streets without any issues eg. stopping at stop lights, not stalling the bike, not falling over etc, making u-turns, etc.
Intermediate - You have been riding for at least 6 months (hopefully more) and feel comfortable enough to handle twisty roads as found in local canyons. You are mature enough to understand going slow is okay and not to try and keep up with riders that are faster than you as it will result in a crash.
Expert - You have been riding for years and hopefully been riding with the members going on the ride long enough to know how they ride.
« Last Edit: 08/24/10 12:54AM by Copernicus »

Offline Spyke★L

• Rock-N-Rolla
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Spyke★L's Gallery
  • Your friendly neighborhood Street Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Spyke
  • Bike: 2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R (SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki 636
That looks awesome, its a long shot but if my bike is fixed by monday well see
Use discount code "PCDL14" to get discounts on your IMS tickets motorcycleshows.com

ducatidennis

Wow this may be the ride that breaks me outta my 2week no ride funk! Ill know more closer to the end od the week!

Offline Marc1098

• 125cc
  • Marc1098's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 cbr1000rr sp , 2014 mts1200s
  • Years Riding: 13 years
I live in Mission Viejo and ride Ortega several times a month. You have piqued my interest with this de luz road. The iphone weather oracle says mid 70s for Saturday as well. We may have a date.

Offline lagunas2k

i am interested in doing this ride... let you know by Friday..
You know you have a BB well... here is my Pin feel free to BBM me any time if you want to go for a ride... need to warranty your HID... Help installing.... Have a question??? or what ever!!!
Pin 243CBF20

ocblog

From the looks of the "Road View" in Google maps looks dynamite. How weird the temps go from 89 from Friday to 79 on Sat. I think's me in!

Offline gtomchick

• 125cc
  • gtomchick's Gallery
  • 750 Katana
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 Suzuki 750 Katana
  • Years Riding: 42
Moms birthday is 8/28...family dinner at 5pm...dunno if I should chance it. I hate riding with an impending deadline over my head.  I want to do one of your rides soon though Jerome.
Gregg Tomchick

Offline gene

• 50cc
  • gene's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 750F
  • Years Riding: 4
Awesome Jerome.  I hope to be in for this one. 

ducatidennis

hey Jerome, is that an old seca 550 in your pix?

Offline FlyingScotsman

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • FlyingScotsman's Gallery
  • Auto Club Speeway 29Aug
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 R1 Blue 04 R6 Track
  • Years Riding: 20 YEARS
I was going to be in for this but I'm doing Trackday at Fontana  (first time)  :36:   :31: :31: :31: :42: :42: :42:

Offline Jerome Daoust

• 749cc
    • View Profile
    • Expanding Knowledge
hey Jerome, is that an old seca 550 in your pix?
1982 Yamaha RD350 LC.
My other old rides.

Offline radbrad511

• 749cc
  • radbrad511's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: dl650 crf450 JawaDT500
  • Years Riding: 35
Jerome-

You are killing me! This ride is so much fun. I was bummed to miss the last one and I am working again Saturday. Let me know if you ever want ride E. San Diego or any other ride on a Sunday. I wont have a Sat. off until October. Have a great ride!!!

Offline Jerome Daoust

• 749cc
    • View Profile
    • Expanding Knowledge
Jerome-
You are killing me! This ride is so much fun. I was bummed to miss the last one and I am working again Saturday. Let me know if you ever want ride E. San Diego or any other ride on a Sunday. I wont have a Sat. off until October. Have a great ride!!!
Hi Brad. I enjoyed watching you kick ass last Saturday at the CM Speedway.

About this ride, I have no copyright on it. So if someone wants to cut & paste my ride description into a duplicate ride for Sunday and lead the ride, then Sunday-only riders can join that one. Who wants to be Sunday's fearless leader?

Found a few articles with pictures.

Picture below of Sandia Creek rd that we ride after Fallbrook. It has some fun "roller coaster" sections.
« Last Edit: 08/24/10 05:36PM by Jerome Daoust »

Offline DiamondDave

• 749cc
  • DiamondDave's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 06 R1, 05 BB Venom PRO-Street Chopper, 2010 KTM300 XC-W, 2011 KTM300 XC-W, 06 CRF450X (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 42 yrs dirt (play/race), 32 yrs street off/on
Brad/Jerome,
I'll be up for a ride either Sunday Sept 5th or Monday the 6th if you guys are around...I'm out this weekend. Post something up or even the same route if you want to get together...Let's talk.
DDave

Offline Jerome Daoust

• 749cc
    • View Profile
    • Expanding Knowledge
Brad/Jerome,
I'll be up for a ride either Sunday Sept 5th or Monday the 6th if you guys are around...I'm out this weekend. Post something up or even the same route if you want to get together...Let's talk.
DDave
I will leave that to someone else because I don't want to repeat this ride so shortly after.
Instead I will most likely plan something different for next Saturday. It will also depend on the temperature forecast.

So many fun places to ride,
   Jerome

Offline DiamondDave

• 749cc
  • DiamondDave's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 06 R1, 05 BB Venom PRO-Street Chopper, 2010 KTM300 XC-W, 2011 KTM300 XC-W, 06 CRF450X (RIP)
  • Years Riding: 42 yrs dirt (play/race), 32 yrs street off/on
I will leave that to someone else because I don't want to repeat this ride so shortly after.
Instead I will most likely plan something different for next Saturday. It will also depend on the temperature forecast.

So many fun places to ride,
   Jerome

Understand Jerome, I'm open to anything really but Saturday the 4th will not work. Are you available for a Sunday or Monday ride that weekend? Just curious..I'd go Saturday but like Brad they are booked up. I'll be betting on the ponies at Del Mar the 4th and this weekend I'm afraid I'm in a golf tourney in Palm Desert.

Offline Jerome Daoust

• 749cc
    • View Profile
    • Expanding Knowledge
Understand Jerome, I'm open to anything really but Saturday the 4th will not work. Are you available for a Sunday or Monday ride that weekend? Just curious.
Hi Dave, No formal plan, but I will probably go ride Saturday the 4th and leave Sunday+Monday open for other things, maybe a very short ride with the GF.
I recommend you take the lead to organize a Sunday ride on the 5th or Monday 6th.

Offline FREDDIE NO WHEELIE

• "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • FREDDIE NO WHEELIE's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Osick (06) GSXR-1000 & 2012 Aprilia RSV4sho Factory
maybe i'll be back home from VA in time for this. if anything, i'll see you guys up there

"So you see at the very least he lacks the intelligence to spend his money the way he wants, at the very worst he's throwing his wealth in the faces of less financially endowed Forum members" -Deadhand

Offline jeffsback

• 749cc
  • jeffsback's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 94 EX500, 2007EX500, 01 GS500, 03 GSXR 750, 05 ST1300
  • Years Riding: since 1979
EDIT:

Okay, just changed our plans and we are in if you don't mind. We were takin' the ST out to Julian for some pie but we will tag along with you if that's okay? We are expert, but we will be riding TWO-UP on a Sport-Tourer so we won't be carvin' it up much; just hangin' back and enjoyin' the ride...
« Last Edit: 08/26/10 02:14PM by jeffsback »

Offline van-man82

Hey Jerome, looks like another good ride I have to miss out on.  Have to get out of this slump Im in right now...  Have fun.  I know where to go to find great rides now... Look forward to the pics...
That looks awesome, its a long shot but if my bike is fixed by monday well see
WHEN: Saturday August 28, at 10:00 am (KSU time, so arrive before)
MEET: Mobil at the corner of Main & MacArthur (see map link below)
ROUTE: See map below
SKILL LEVEL: Noobie, Intermediate, Expert*

187 miles and about 4.5 hour riding (not counting stops).
It should be a cool day, following this week's heatwave.

Map of the route   <-- Click me.
Point A: Start and gas station: Mobil at the corner of Main & MacArthur.
Point B: Gas station: Chevron on Ortega, on East side of 5 Fwy. 2nd meetup location: Be here before 10:20 am and wait for me.
Point C: Hells Kitchen. 10 min stop. 3rd meetup location: Be here before 10:45 am and wait for me.
   The loop North of fallbrook is done in an anti-clockwise manner. Highlight: De Luz rd.
Point D: Gas station: Shell in Fallbrook.
Point E: Lunch break: Denny's.
Point F (same as point C): Hells Kitchen. 10 min stop.
Point G: End: Denny's close to the 5 Fwy and Red Hill.

************* Skill Levels Defined:
Noobie -You have been riding your motorcycle for at least 3 months (hopefully more) and have confidence that you can ride around streets without any issues eg. stopping at stop lights, not stalling the bike, not falling over etc, making u-turns, etc.
Intermediate - You have been riding for at least 6 months (hopefully more) and feel comfortable enough to handle twisty roads as found in local canyons. You are mature enough to understand going slow is okay and not to try and keep up with riders that are faster than you as it will result in a crash.
Expert - You have been riding for years and hopefully been riding with the members going on the ride long enough to know how they ride.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 64 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook
anything