Topic: FASTLANE CYCLES on craigslist advertising bikes as for sale by owner.  (Read 3369 times)

Offline fastlanecyclesuck

These ads need to be flagged.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=714-373-4312&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

For those of you that don't know. Fastlane Cycles are a DEALER in HB that places ads on craigslist as for sale by owner. They mainly target new riders and trick them into buying bikes that aren't road worthly.

Often time Fastlane Cycles don't come with titles and it impossible to reg.  Don't be fooled by the fact they have a business license they are far from a legitimate operation. 

This topic is not to bash Fastlane Cycles. It's to flag their ads on craigslist.

If you would like to know more about Fastlane cycles do a search for them in the forums

CougarHunter

This topic is not to bash Fastlane Cycles. It's to flag their ads on craigslist.

:4: your OCMOTO name is bashing fastlane cycles. and what makes it better is how your actions are so pathetic that you actually spent time making an account just to hate on fastlane and want to squash their advertising (what a great life you must live). ive seen the hate that people have for fastlane on here, and i think there are a couple threads dedicated to that... i personally have only dealt with a fastlane cycles once. it was for a very clean and well cared for CBR929rr that was purchased there. it also came with a warranty and their service was great. unfortunetly ocmoto is not the best place to share opinions. but i dont think we should talk smack just because you may have had a bad experience. what happened to focusing on the love/sport of motorcycle and riding? :26:
« Last Edit: 02/16/12 12:03PM by CougarHunter »

Offline Doyle Davison "Double D"

It's a bashing. who cares...

How do you know they target new riders? just curious.

Do they state it can not be titled or registered. Do they have the person fill out a form that says it can not be titled.
I have heard they restore a lot of bikes... they sure have a lot of parts..

Offline KMW Steve

And if you want to get technical...Fastlane IS the owner.....they hold the title.

As with any purchase, the buyer has to be smart.  Have you heard the old adage, "Buyer Beware!"

You can see the FASTLANE banner in the background on most of their photos.

Lots of mixed reviews on Fastlane....everyone is entitled to their opinions

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '05 Yamaha R1
  • Years Riding: more than 5.

This topic is not to bash Fastlane Cycles.

You definitely fooled me.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. " Dale Carnegie

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline KawiKess

• 998cc
  • KawiKess's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Kawasaki ZX9R, ZX6r
  • Years Riding: Yes Please
pwwwwhhahahahahahahahahahaha didda didda didda did dum quack quack quack quack (Duck Hunt).  :35:

CougarHunter

This topic is not to bash Fastlane Cycles.

You definitely fooled me.

x2. i think just about everyone will agree... i wonder what ocmoto member made another account just to do this. i guess we can look back to those other fastlane cycle hate threads, and look to see who was hating the most.

Re: DON"T SHOP AT FASTLANE CYCLES IN HB THEY ARE CRAP
« Reply #7 on: 02/16/12 12:02PM »
Spread the word... If you dealt with fastlane odds are it was a nightmare.  If you were a satisfied customer... then remember even a broken clock is right twice a day

These fast lane cycles ads need to be flagged.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=714-373-4312&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

ducatidennis

Fastlane bashing threads are just as common as Noobs asking "when should I drag knee". They sell used bikes..... Some are even frankenstiened from a number of different bikes, but no reason to hate on the establishment. For every 5 pos they sell, they sell 1 decent bike... I'd say that's about the same average as a shadey used car dealership. Would I buy from there, hell no! I walked in there one day and left thoroughly disgusted with thier inventory.

Offline RIDNRED

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • RIDNRED's Gallery
  • "Dont mistake action for accomplishment"
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 Suzuki GSX-R600 / 07 CBR 600rr (totalled) / 03 Yamaha YZ250
This is old news and Fastlane has proven its less then favorable ways ! any bashing is well deserved in this case !

"Keepin it real since 78"

Offline calamari

• Devil's Advocate
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • calamari's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2009 KLR650
  • Years Riding: 7
More hate mongering.....

boring

Offline Doyle Davison "Double D"

any person can change... just like any shop can change given an chance, time and willingness.

with that being said and all the comments...

I would like to see what fastlane says... I think I'll give them a call and post up later...

sinned has a nice comment... probably safer buying from a legit business than some cragislist personal scammer anyway.

Offline luciano136

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • luciano136's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2008 Triumph D675 SE
  • Years Riding: 2 wheels: Apr 2007. Bike: Fri 6/13/08 :)
Wait, so now we're defending fastlane LOL!!! 

I guess the OP is right.  If you're a dealer, you should post under "for sale by dealer".  There's a reason it's broken down.  Anyone that needs more stories on that place to be convinced is fooling themselves.
Signature removed due to excessive size. Max size is 200px

any person can change... just like any shop can change given an chance, time and willingness.

with that being said and all the comments...

I would like to see what fastlane says... I think I'll give them a call and post up later...

sinned has a nice comment... probably safer buying from a legit business than some cragislist personal scammer anyway.

Let me know how you feel after you take your bike there . lol

Offline TheChad

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • TheChad's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2002 CBR954RR, 2011 ZX10R
  • Years Riding: A long time
This is a needed thread. Fastlane cycles preys on the new riders and people who dont know any better that they are getting a working motorcycle. The reality is they sell motorcycles that are put together from several bikes, in such a way as, at best unsafe, and barely operating. Its shiesty, and I have absolutely no idea how they are still in business.

I know of several people who bought bikes from them, have inspected bikes they were selling for friends of mine as well.

So personally I think for the good of all riders, they need to be bashed, it needs to be brought up time and again so everyone knows not to buy from them, and that their dishonest business is put away forever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI

There you go, givin a f*ck when it ain't your turn to give a f*ck.

Offline cbrsmurf

1) Craigslist is not meant to be an advertisement site for dealers, or at least dealers/businesses posing as private sellers.

2) Fastlanes is an extremely shady business that many times sell unroadworthy and/or stolen motorcycles.  I remember two years ago one of the members had his motorcycle stolen and was able identify unique and marked parts from his motorcycle that ended up being found on a motorcycle on Fastlane's showroom.  I myself Google Map satellited their business, at one point they had a bunch of motorcycle parts on their ROOF and at a later point when Google maps updated, the parts were gone.  Search the internet, motorcycle forums, and probably the local police department to see how many complaints and investigations have been issued against Fastlane.

CougarHunter

if they are really that shady, how are they still in business? if they have sold stolen bikes and what not, they couldnt possibly still own a business license or anything either... im not necessarily for or against them (just tired of the 7+ crap talk threads), but i got a cbr929rr from them - legit title and registration, and it was a very nice bike. they even sold it with a warranty. to each his own i guess...

Offline nicks64

Man hater gotta hate...........they must be doing something right as they have been around for awile and are making money at it. I just laugh at threads like this as it will die and go into the archives like every other thread here.

BUYER BEWARE

:34:

Offline tuface

• 599cc
  • tuface's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBR600RR
  • Years Riding: 2
i guess if you don't or didn't know much about bikes and bought from them, then you may feel like a sucker... as I felt.  Bike wouldn't start when i got it home... battery issues or something... chain was somewhat rusty... inside of the gas tank was rusted...etc... it was a 2003 GXSR600  but I actually liked that bike hehe just wasn't good for the long run... sold it back to them for a loss and got a new CBR600RR when I was more confident at riding... the thing is he said "I wouldnt sell anything to you if it wasn't safe to ride"... hehe

So if youre gonna buy from them, know what to look out for and know what can be easily fixed and what not... regarding stolen, i wouldn't know... but probably better to stay clear

Offline cbrsmurf

if they are really that shady, how are they still in business? if they have sold stolen bikes and what not, they couldnt possibly still own a business license or anything either... im not necessarily for or against them (just tired of the 7+ crap talk threads), but i got a cbr929rr from them - legit title and registration, and it was a very nice bike. they even sold it with a warranty. to each his own i guess...

Does anyone have a pic gsxr craigslist ad tried to sell?
http://ocmoto.com/index.php?topic=38741.0

That one literally made me LOL and then facepalm

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 60 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook