Topic: What kind of motorcycle or motorcycles does Kobe Bryant own?  (Read 2391 times)

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '05 Yamaha R1
  • Years Riding: more than 5.
I am just curious of what kind of bike or bikes  Kobe Bryant owns?  I am trying to find it everywhere on the net but it is no where to be found. I'm a Lakers fan for so many years now and all lakers fans knows he rides.  I am very surprised he is allowed to ride a motorcycle due to the danger of it but I guess he wouldn't sign a contract if they wouldn't allow him to ride a bike.  Anyway, I heard from people he owns a ducati 1098s couple of years ago.  Ofcourse he does because he's rich right? Now some people throw out that he probably own the 1199 and many other expansive bikes out there.  But who really know? If anybody here knows what kind of bike or bikes he rides and pictures of it for proof it would be nice.  I know he did a commercial where he's riding a pretty old sport bike way back in the day when he was with adidas. But I doubt that was his bike. 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkTKsoMOLI
« Last Edit: 07/13/12 08:48AM by epicwolf »
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. " Dale Carnegie

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline Odieman99

• 998cc
  • Odieman99's Gallery
  • The dude abides.
    • View Profile
    • Psychology Today
  • Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6 (wrecked and sold)
I wouldn't think he would fit on too many sport bikes...at least it would be uncomfortable within about 20 minutes
Jason Odegaard, MA
Associate Professor of Psychology and Counseling
Coordinator of Clinical Training
Hope International University

Offline MotoInked

• aka Ms. Squidly
  • 998cc
  • MotoInked's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • MotoInked.com
  • Bike: 2015 Yamaha FZ07
  • Years Riding: 14
That's a good question. Why do celebrities always go for Ducati? Do they genuinely like Ducati or do they just buy them for the name? And why would a 7'+ basketball player ride a 1098 that practically has a bicycle seat on it? Man, some things make no sense. That guy would love a Victory Hammer because he could keep the circulation in his knees. but everyone knows cruisers arn't that cool. (I'm being sarcastic. I love floorboards actually. No I'm not kidding)
www.motoinked.com
facebook.com/motoinked
twitter/motoinked
youtube.com/motoinkedvideos

Offline Snapshot

• Fogwalker
  • 800cc MOTO GP
  • Snapshot's Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Skillz Days - Rider Performance Clinics
  • Bike: A truck!
  • Years Riding: 34, Years Training Riders: 12
I think he has a custom made chopper made by that guy that used to be married to Sandra Bullock. 

I could be wrong...  I don't care enough about celebrities to keep track of what they do.  Those that are famous for being looked at a lot don't appeal to me.

J~
The first step toward learning much is recognizing that you have much to learn.

http://www.skillzdays.com

Offline My848

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • My848's Gallery
  • “Do or do not...there is no try.” - yoda
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Ducati MTS1200
  • Years Riding: 8+ (34,000+ miles...)
Fun to see all the duc haters come out...lot of same type of things as people that don't own Ferrari (or any expensive cars) and say who needs a $5K oil change or $20K in tires... :)
2013 Husqvarna TE449 (dual)
2012 KTM 350 XC-F (dirt)
2011 Ducati MTS1200 ABS (red)
2001 Yamaha TTR-90 (dirt)
2000 Honda XR100R (dirt)

Offline blamecanada

Fun to see all the duc haters come out...lot of same type of things as people that don't own Ferrari (or any expensive cars) and say who needs a $5K oil change or $20K in tires... :)

If Ducati is comparable to Ferrari, I would compare the 848 to the Mondial.

:)

A lot of the hate for Ducs is sour grapes, but I would also take the RSV4 over the 1199.

SofaKing

If his taste in bikes mirrors that of his taste in women... Gotta be a hog.

Offline whothatchineze

I've always wondered if famous people came out to bike meets

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile
I wouldn't think he would fit on too many sport bikes...at least it would be uncomfortable within about 20 minutes

Its all custom fit ofcourse for those kind of athletes. Doesn't matter how tall or big you are, you can still ride a sports bike.  Micheal Jordan owns a motorcycle team and i saw him ridnig around on a sport bike.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. " Dale Carnegie

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline epicwolf

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • epicwolf's Gallery
    • View Profile

fun to see all the duc lovers accusing anybody who say anything about ducatis besides praising it as duc haters.

www.OCmotorcycleshop.com
www.skillzdays.com

Offline My848

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • My848's Gallery
    • View Profile
How about he is just a Ducati fan...he owned a 2003 999 before the 1098s...

When you make it in life, like he has, you don't say I always wanted to buy a GXSR and now I can afford it... :)
2012 KTM 350 XC-F (dirt)
2000 Honda XR100R (dirt)

Offline ThrillQuest

When you make it in life, like he has, you don't say I always wanted to buy a GXSR and now I can afford it... :)

I did. lol
The speedometer only serves as a distraction.
Sometimes life just isn't fair. Expecting life to treat you well because you're a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you're vegetarian.

Offline My848

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • My848's Gallery
    • View Profile

Really? a $10K bike you could only get after you "Made it in Life"...Ok...

In his case he was already a fan, but in other cases I'm sure with all the money, they want to buy something expensive...so they can boast about it...
look at bieber and his Fisker... :)

2012 KTM 350 XC-F (dirt)
2000 Honda XR100R (dirt)

Offline rad_rob

• 749cc
  • rad_rob's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 GSX-R 750
  • Years Riding: 3

fun to see all the duc lovers accusing anybody who say anything about ducatis besides praising it as duc haters.

+1.

Offline rad_rob

• 749cc
  • rad_rob's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '07 GSX-R 750
  • Years Riding: 3
Besides, you dont have to "make it in life" to be able to afford a Ducati. For examble, a Monster 796 is cheaper than a GSX-R 750. Don't get me wrong, I love Ducati bikes, but I think there are in fact some people that buy it  because of the image, and not the actual performance of it.

Also, that chopper one of the previous posts had mentioned, was built for Shaq by Jesse James. That thing was HUGE. haha

Offline hero

• 599cc
  • hero's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Daytona 675
Excluding money, did anyone consider the fact that since he is somewhat Italian as well, that he has a love for a beautifully made Italian bike?

Offline blamecanada

In his case he was already a fan, but in other cases I'm sure with all the money, they want to buy something expensive...so they can boast about it...
look at bieber and his Fisker... :)

I am wondering why someone who owns the "for profit" specific Ducati model that has no legitimate racing history or application is talking about what to do after "making it in life"?
If someone gave me thousands and told me I need to irresponsibly spend it on a new motorcycle I can tell you the 848 is pretty much on the bottom of the list.

Offline ThrillQuest

Well, I felt like I "made it in life" when I was finally able to afford a vehicle that doesn't break down on me every week.  And $3,800 =/= $10,000.  It's all about perspective.  I would never buy a Ducati just for the image, and I damn well won't buy it for the "performance"; so I will not be owning a Ducati and I still don't know why people find them to be so sought after considering that the performance isn't on par, if not for the image of having a lot of money.

I had a girl on my Facebook who knows nothing about bikes contact me when I got my second bike.  She told me "let me know when you own a real bike, like a Ducati"  all I could do was laugh ... money grubbers are money grubbers.
The speedometer only serves as a distraction.
Sometimes life just isn't fair. Expecting life to treat you well because you're a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you're vegetarian.

Offline modog

• 800cc MOTO GP
  • modog's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Years Riding: 10+
As far as making it in life.............
I won't say "I've made it", but I'm very comfortable, and live well within my means. I got a my first bike as a GSXR and it wasn't because of money. The suzuki was the FIRST to come with a race replica bike and that was all that needed to be said. Could I afford a Ducati? Yes. Do I want one? Yes, but it's not what I was first into. Now, I am NOT a Ducati hater at all. I love Ducati. Love the look, the sound, etc. The 888? My god!!!!
The 916? Lordy............how beautiful. Now that is still a bike I want. When I find the right one, she will be mine. It's not always about the money.

Offline motorcycledood

hmm I never knew Kobe rides, anyone has connections to him and possibly ask em?

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 66 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook