Topic: SOCAL SOOPERMOTO WURKED PHOR ME (just like hooked on phonics)  (Read 1313 times)

Offline weig17

It's my birthday and I'll toot if I want to.
I have been ranting and raving about this stinkin' So Cal Supermoto company and the nut job Brian that runs it for about 15 months now....  I feel it's pretty warranted, here's why:  June of 2012 I signed up for a SoCal Supermoto school for the very first time. I fell in love with it from the very first session of the day.  Fast forward 3 months and it is September of 2012 - I built my first supermoto race bike and went racing for the first time. That's right, one year ago this month I raced Supermoto for the very first time and now one year later I am signed up to race in my 2nd PRO race and I am finishing on the podium in just about every single race that I enter.  This is all due in large part to the introduction to supermoto and the training that I have received along the way from So Cal Supermoto.
As a celebration for my one year anniversary of owning and racing a supermoto race bike,  SoCal Supermoto has completely redesigned and launched a new website.  Check it out:  www.socalsupermoto.com   

(ok.. perhaps its just a coincidence that they created a new site on my birthday... but thats the story I am sticking with)
 O0

Offline Sweest

• 599cc
  • Sweest's Gallery
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 06 GSXR-1000, 09 Aprilia SXV 5.5
I like.  There's a good reason Brian and his company keep growing, he's brought a lot of growth to the sport here locally.  Cheers to him. 

Offline Mud

Ill be out at the fairgrounds to watch you race. You better win

Offline weig17

I would love to just be a top 5 finisher in that race... its an all pro race... I am a  newb!
but, I will be there and will put my head down and do my best

mbstr

Good luck to you Tim, Wheres the race...Sand n Sports show?? Id love to attend!

Offline weig17

yes,

would love to see a bunch of supermoto fans there !

info is here http://www.sandsportssupershow.com/

but there is not a detailed schedule yet

mbstr

I sponsor Niki Riemer he's usually right up front with Brandon, those kids are quick! Please post the schedule when it comes out!

Offline ghostf4i

• 599cc
  • ghostf4i's Gallery
  • thats not a honda its a lawn mower
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 02 yzf r6
  • Years Riding: 1 still
this sounds like fun to do one question since you already attened. can i use my bike for the course since thats what i drive every day and i want to see its potential or do i have to use thier bikes?
06 yzf600r sold
01 cbr600 f4i sold
02 yzf-r6 sitting in my garage

Offline weig17

I know Nikki very well. He was my biggest competitor in that first race a year ago. He and I had a great battle. 

About riding your own bike, you don't need to take the class. You can just pay the track fee which is $35 bucks or so and then ride all day!   But I really recommend you try the sport bike fundamentals or advanced sport bike skills class taught by Stuman sometime in your own bike. I learned a bunch and  I went into it with years of race experience ( MX and road race)

Offline weig17

Here is a  pic of Nicky Reimer and I at that very first sumo race a year ago:

http://weigracing.com/media/?locale=en_US&wppa-album=2&wppa-occur=1&wppa-photo=160

and another from afterwards...
Nicky is the small jockey sized kid on the left

http://weigracing.com/media/?locale=en_US&wppa-album=2&wppa-occur=1&wppa-photo=161

mbstr

The giant killer!

Offline weig17

Nicky and Gordy are great guys. I enjoy talking, hanging out with, and racing with em...
He is in STurgis racing supermoto this weekend and I wish I could be there as well...

mbstr

Great guys indeed, I been watching Niki win since he was nine! When I got my Fazer I had no gear so Gordie being the great guy he is went in the closet and pulled this suit out and gave it to me, He refused to take payment, Bikers are good people!

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 47 queries.

support@ocmoto.com
 Facebook